He gave the charge during the final screening for 80 regular recruits held at Falgore forest in Tudun Wada Local Government Area of Kano State.
He also charged the recruits to be prepared for a move to Sambisa Forest, a stronghold of the Boko Haram terrorist sect in Borno State.
He said those who are not disciplined and loyal to the cause are free to find their own way.
“You must make up your mind that you are ready to serve your country as a soldier and you should be ready,” he said.
READ ALSO: 11 killed as soldiers, bandits clash in Katsina
“All of you will go to Sambisa at the end of your depot training. If you are not ready to move to Sambisa and other parts of the country, and of course, our border areas to defend our country from any act of aggression, then you have not started.
“It is not yet late, if you have any doubt, then you can stand up and go. There is no room for laziness and indiscipline in the Army and no room for malingering.”
Burutai said that henceforth, the recruitment and selection would be conducted in Falgore Forest, pointing out that all recruits would be subjected to a similar process.
“This is where we will select those that will become cadets and be trained as officers as well because, at the end of all the training, the officers and soldiers will operate together under the same condition,” he said.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Ciroma of Ilorin, A.B. Sulu-Gambari, 62 others make final SANs list (FULL NAMES)
- Enugu West: Onyeama lied in affidavit claiming that I’m dead —Okah
- Yobe North: I accept the court judgement — Lawan
- Emir of Ilorin rejoices with Durosinlohun Kawu, Idris Haroon over National Honour Awards
- Senate considers bill to regulate informal sector employment
- Senate directs NEMA, others to help flood victims nationwide
- Senate hints on Electoral Offences Bill for 2023 elections
- Tstv accepts pay per view model against other stakeholders
- Breaking…. Kwara Gov. makes fresh appointments
- Bill demanding to Legalize Power Rotation stepped down in Senate