A financial expert and Founder of 101.9 Sobi FM, Alhaji Luqman Mustapha, has advocated for the adoption of adequate approaches towards tackling unemployment in order to curb the high rate of insecurity among other social vices in the country.
He stated this in Ilorin on Thursday while speaking with journalists at the 20th edition of the Media Parliament organised by the Nigeria Union of Journalists, (NUJ), Kwara State chapter.
According to him, “Youths makes over half of Nigeria’s population and similar case can be assumed to apply specifically to Kwara as lack of accurate data will lead us to a spurious affirmation.
” As a homegrown Kwaran however, my knowledge of the demographic distribution of the state got me convinced, the larger percentage of the population are actually youths.”
ROYAL NEWS reports that theme of the discussion was, “Youth Engagement in Governance : a Panacea for Social Economic Development”.
Earlier, the Chairman of Kwara NUJ, Comrade Abiodun Abdulkareem, commended the guest speaker for his immense contributions to the development of the youths as well as other facet of the nation’s economic development.
He however described him as one of the prides of journalism profession in the country.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Senate suspends report on vacation of citizen’s watchlist by DSS
- Senate directs NLNG to pay host communities N18.4bn compensation
- Buhari to presents 2023 budget to NASS Oct. 7
- Gov. Abdulrazaq, KAMWIRE, Etsu Patigi, others for Kwara NUJ award
- Nigeria/India engages to boost volume of trade, economic activities
- Scandal rocks CCB as commissioners accuse chairman of corruption
- Atala Oil Field: NUPRC under fire in Senate over wrongful re-allocation
- 62 National Day, Sen. Enang urges Nigerians to keep hope alive
- Sheikh Aboto’s death has left another vacuum in dawwah activities— Emir of Ilorin
- KAM Holding CEO rejoices with Abubakar Sulu-Gambari on attainment of SAN rank