Good morning, here are 10 things to know this morning in today’s newspapers.
1. Osun Governor-Elect, Sen. Ademola Jackson-Adeleke, David Adedeji Adeleke, popularly known by his stage name Davido and Chief Tajudeen Amoo-Adeleke, Legendary African Drummer are among Africans and Americans to be honoured at the Afro Award in Los Angeles, California. According to the organizers, among those to be honoured is the First Lady of Sierra Leone, Mrs Fatima Maada and Ayuko Babu (Founder & CEO of Pan African Film Festival and Seye Kehinde, a renowned Nigerian Journalist.
He said the awaradees as are among Africans and Americans, who distinguished themselves in various fields of endeavours.
2. There is more trouble for the All Progressives Congress, APC, as the Federal High Court, sitting in Abuja, has okayed a fresh suit seeking to bar all its candidates from contesting the 2023 general elections. The suit, marked; FHC/ABJ/CS/1864/2022, was brought before the court by the opposition Peoples Democratic Party, PDP.
3. The President of the Senate, Ahmad Lawan, has advised Nigerian leaders not to ignore concerns by some parts of the country over their alleged marginalisation. Lawan disclosed this in Abuja on Wednesday at a Public Presentation of a book titled: ‘ Foundation of Nigeria’s Unity’ authored by Prof. Sandy Onor, representative of Cross Rivers Central Senatorial District.
4. A vigilante group, Wednesday evening, shot dead two bandits in an attempt to repel an attack on Gidan Goga community market in Maradun Local Government Area of Zamfara State. Residents said that a gang of bandits stormed the market which is situated 7 kilometers off Kaura Namoda-Shinkafi road, firing at traders.
5. At least eight Bureau de Change (BDC) operators have been arrested following the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) raid on Wapa forex market in Kano. It was gathered that operatives of the Kano command of the anti-graft agency stormed the forex market Tuesday evening with about eight vehicles and heavily armed personnel, a situation which threw the market into a pandemonium.
6. The Chairman of opposition Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in Zamfara State, Dr. Ahmed Sani Kaura, is dead. The chairman died shortly after he attended a peace meeting organised by the Nigeria Council of Ulamah, Zamfara State chapter on Wednesday.
7. The Minister of Information and Culture, Alhaji Lai Mohammed, on Wednesday cried out over the N345 million capital expenditure allocated to his ministry for the 2023 fiscal year, describing it as grossly inadequate.
8. The two suspects detained in connection with the death of three-year-old Ifeanyi Adeleke, son of music artiste, Davido, and his fiancée, Chioma Rowland, may remain in police custody until they are cleared by an autopsy report. A source on Wednesday, said the nanny and the cook were directly in charge of Ifeanyi’s welfare, adding that they might also be liable for negligence.
9. The National Agency for Prohibition of Trafficking in Persons, Anambra State, in collaboration with vigilantes, has arrested three persons for allegedly gang-raping a 13-year-old girl. It was gathered that four suspects were involved in the incident, but while three of them were arrested, the fourth suspect escaped.
10. The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) presidential flagbearer, Atiku Abubakar, yesterday, described his All Progressives Congress (APC) counterpart, Bola Tinubu, as an absent candidate. The former vice president, in a statement on Wednesday by his spokesman, Phrank Shaibu, declared that Nigerians won’t elect a “ghost President”.
- No end to fuel scarcity — Oil marketers
- Naira depreciates marginally, exchanges at 445.83 to dollar
- YABATECH suspends ‘students’ week’ over shooting incident on campus
- Again Twitter suspends Kanye’s account for violating rules
- Osun: Adeleke’s emergence as Gov divine– Traditional worshippers
- Aisha Buhari now wears dress meant for 3 people– Solomon Dalung
- A’Ibom YPP Guber Candidate Jailed For 42Yrs
- Abuja-Kaduna train service resumes Dec. 5– FG
- Angry youths set ablaze Iree Oba’s Palace in Osun
- Oyetola left N76bn debt, says Osun Govt