Brazil forward Neymar has denied suggestions that he had problems with his team mates at his club Paris St Germain (PSG).
But, more than this denial was his emotions, as he was moved to tears after being given the backing of his national team coach Tite on Friday.
After helping Brazil beat Japan 3-1 in a friendly, Neymar refuted suggestions that he regretted moving to the French club.
“I don’t like whispers and stories. So, it’s better that you hear it from the horse’s mouth,” he told reporters after scoring one penalty kick and missing another during the game in Lille.
“I don’t have any problems at PSG, the only thing that bothers me is the pressure from the media.
“I‘m a guy who likes to win, I like winning titles and that’s why I came to PSG.
“I‘m very happy, I‘m motivated. They are inventing stories which aren’t true, I don’t have any problems with (forward) Edinson Cavani or with my coach (Unai Emery).
“I came to help and to be happy, I didn’t come to upset anyone or cause trouble.”
Tite backed Neymar and denied suggestions that he also had a troubled relationship with the player.
“I keep hearing that Tite has problems with Neymar and I am tired of hearing that… we are tired of it,” he said.
“I know that if he did have problems, then he would have the decency and the good character to talk about them in the dressing room.
“I can talk about Neymar’s temperament, his good nature and his big heart.”
Neymar was clearly moved by those words and left after being given a pat on the head by his coach.
- Emir of Bauchi’s brother found dead
- PHOTO NEWS: FG empowers women in Kebbi
- Gov. Adeleke reacts to tribunal’s judgement, vows to appeal
- BREAKING….Ademola Adeleke sacked as Osun Governor
- Kebbi assembly deputy speaker, 5 other resign appointments
- Adamawa guber candidate dies
- Lawyer sues CBN, seeks extension of deadline for old naira notes
- CBN unveils domestic card to strengthen payments system
- SHOCKING… Governor loses son
- Banks in Ogun applauded over circulation of new naira notes