A non-governmental organization (NGO), under the aegis of global fund is set to release 1.9 million insecticidal nets to residents of kwara state.
This was unveiled at the press briefing held Monday at Pheonix Hotel, Ilorin.
The NGO, which was sponsored by global fund has already distributed mosquito nets to the residents of Oyun Local Government area of the state.
According to spokesperson from the Federal Ministry of Health, Mrs. Nneka Ndubisi, the distribution has suffered low coverage and therefore sought for more orientation.
She said, “We imploy the support of you media to assist in spreading the awareness because already we don’t have enough coverage of mosquito net.
“The objective is to provide journalists to gains an insight into long lasting insecticidal nets.
Ndubisi added that, “97 per cent of the community are suffering from malaria, especially children under the age of 5 and pregnant women.
“We also want to re-orientate journalists on malaria prevention and control with special emphasis on Long Lasting Insecticidal Net (LLIN).
The state governor, Abdulfatah Ahmed, was represented at the event by Evangelist Felicia Faremi, who said the media should work in collaboration to create proper awareness and also keep the state healthy and key into the Programme in order to make the state free of malaria.
Mrs. Ndubisi also noted that apart from Oyun where the training had already commenced, other 15 local local governments of the state would be involved also.
The Long lasting insecticidal nets (LLINs) are designed to maintain utmost biological efficacy, it prevent the users from been bitten by mosquitoes.
- Kashim Shettima delivers Al-Hikmah convocation lecture
- (PHOTOS) IGP Egbetokun, Amb. Sulu-Gambari, others bag Al-Hikmah Ph.D
- AMR’ll account for 10 million annual deaths by 2050- WHO
- ANHEJ advocates for increased budgetary allocation to health sector
- Emir Sulu-Gambari hosts Kauran Namoda, Imo monarchs in Ilorin (PHOTOS)
- PHOTO NEWS: EFCC Ilorin zonal organises road-walk against corruption
- Photo News: ROYAL NEWS 10th anniversary, public lecture, book presentation
- Court grants ex-AGF, Adoke permission to celebrate Xmas with family in Dubai
- NJC recommends compulsory retirement of Osun High Court Judge, orders probe into 51 petitions against others
- UNESCO Inscribes Sango Festival in World Heritage List