Nigeria’s Ex-Finance Minister, Ngozi Okonjo Iweala, has emerged the new DG of the World Trade Organization.
Iweala polled 104 votes from 164 member countries to defeat her South Korea’s trade minister opponent, at the final stage of the race
The official announcement is expected to be made by the WTO at 3pm Nigerian time.
Below are some happy reactions from Nigerians on Twitter ;
Solomon Buchi wrote ;
Dr Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala is the first African & the first woman to head the WTO. No. She’s not the wife to the DG, she is the FIRST female DG. Omo, stop telling young girls to aim to be the presidents wife when they can be the president!!!!!!!!!
Kelechi AFC wrote ;
Congratulations Dr Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala on your appointment as the new Director-General of the World Trade Organization
The first African and first woman to head the WTO. What an inspirational achievement. A Queen I Stan
How I’m celebrating right now for Dr Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala 🙌🏾🇳🇬@NOIweala pic.twitter.com/xzZ9zHbejg
— A Cup of Khafi ☕️💪🏾 #EndSARS (@KhafiKareem) October 28, 2020
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Breaking…. Kwara Gov. makes fresh appointments
- Bill demanding to Legalize Power Rotation stepped down in Senate
- Senate Moves to Whittle Down Powers of CBN Governor
- National Assembly’s Clerk, Amos Ojo solicits support for security agencies
- 2022 Olojo: Ooni assures of restoration of Nigeria’s lost glory
- SAD….Emir of Ilorin mourns late CSO, ASP Adebayo Olowoyo
- Emir Sulu-Gambari celebrates Turaki of Ilorin, Saliu Mustapha at 50
- APC appoints Omole as Director, Diaspora of Campaign Council
- FUT Minna appoints new Vice Chancellor, (Read Profile)
- PDP: Nothern coalition stages protest in Kaduna, says Ayu must resign