By Hammed Salawu, Minna.
The leadership of the Niger State House of Assembly had resolved to swear in the elected member representing Agaie Hon. Yahaya Abdullahi in its next sitting,ROYAL NEWS has gathered.
Speaker of the Assembly, Hon Abdullahi Bawa Wuse, made the clarification at a press briefing held following the crisis that erupted at Agaie local government over alleged deliberate efforts to refuse to swear-in the only PDP member elect in the 27 member House of Assembly .
Wuse described the protest in Agaie as very unfortunate and uncivilized noting that he has assured the member-elect of his readiness to swear him in at the next plenary, wondering why the protest
According to the speaker, “house of assembly is convinced beyond reasonable doubt to go ahead unanimously to swear in the Agaie elected member, I am very concerned about getting over this issue” he said.
Wuse further noted that they have been conscious and careful with the matter by ensuring that the due processes are followed by the assembly hence the matter was referred to the state Ministry of Justice for advise, and the advice has been given that we should go ahead for the swearing in of the member.
He also emphasized that the ongoing renovation of the entire complex of the state assembly has slowed down the activities of the assembly calling for patient with the members while assuring Nigerlites that the 9th assembly will be one of the best so far in the state.
Facebook Comments Box
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Buhari makes last budget presentation as president
- FG declares Monday Oct. 10 as public holiday
- 2023: Be careful of politicians’ craftiness– Don warns journalists
- Kogi Assembly seals Dangote Cement factory
- Kwara NUJ holds Ilorin NBA in friendly match to mark 2022 Press week
- Google announces first Cloud Region in Africa
- Kaduna CP warns against extra judicial killings
- Senate moves to make Nigeria manufacturing country
- Senate exits Customs, FIRS, NCC, others from budget