By Hammed Salawu, Minna
Niger State Governor, Alhaji Abubakar Sani Bello has charged the new Vice Chancellor of Federal University of Technology, FUT, Minna , Professor Abdullahi Bala to be transparent and open in the discharge of his responsibilities.
In a statement issued by his Chief Press Secretary, Malam Jibrin Baba Ndace, Governor Sani Bello congratulated Professor Abdullahi Bala, describing the appointment as the outcome of many years of hard work, commitment and selfless service to humanity.
While acknowledging the enormity of the task ahead, Governor Sani Bello urged the University Don to be steadfast in making decisions; imbibing the spirit of continuity and bringing innovations in line with global best practices.
The Governor reminded the new Vice Chancellor that the institution has entered the consciousness of the global academic community having been rated among the best in Africa, hence the need to sustain and or improve on the standard.
“You must contribute your quota in restoring the dignity of the nation’s educational system by ensuring that the Federal University of Technology Minna achieve academic excellence and infrastructural development as well as improve on its rating nationally and internationally”.
Governor Sani Bello commended the University Governing Council and enjoined the new Vice Chancellor to ensure the sustenance of relative peace in the institution so that it will remain as one of the preferred, choice institution by potential students across the country.
The Governor called on the new Vice Chancellor to ensure that the state fill its quota in the institution’s admission and that employment opportunities are granted host communities without necessarily compromising standards.
As a ‘Son-of-the-soil’, Governor Sani Bello urged Professor Abdullahi Bala to be worthy ambassador of the state assuring that the state government would continue to partner with the institution for effective educational development.
Professor Abdullahi Bala is an indigene of Niger State from Suleja. He holds a Master and PHD degrees in Soil Chemistry and Soil Microbiology from Universities of Reading and London respectively.
He is a Staff of FUT Minna and was until his appointment, the Deputy Vice Chancellor, DVC Academic and a member of the Governing Council of the institution.
The new Vice Chancellor who is expected to take over on 3rd December , 2017, holds a traditional title of Walin Zazzau Suleja, and is married with Children.
- Kashim Shettima delivers Al-Hikmah convocation lecture
- (PHOTOS) IGP Egbetokun, Amb. Sulu-Gambari, others bag Al-Hikmah Ph.D
- AMR’ll account for 10 million annual deaths by 2050- WHO
- ANHEJ advocates for increased budgetary allocation to health sector
- Emir Sulu-Gambari hosts Kauran Namoda, Imo monarchs in Ilorin (PHOTOS)
- PHOTO NEWS: EFCC Ilorin zonal organises road-walk against corruption
- Photo News: ROYAL NEWS 10th anniversary, public lecture, book presentation
- Court grants ex-AGF, Adoke permission to celebrate Xmas with family in Dubai
- NJC recommends compulsory retirement of Osun High Court Judge, orders probe into 51 petitions against others
- UNESCO Inscribes Sango Festival in World Heritage List