By Hammed Salawu, Minna
Niger State Governor, Alhaji Abubakar Sani Bello has charged the new Vice Chancellor of Federal University of Technology, FUT, Minna , Professor Abdullahi Bala to be transparent and open in the discharge of his responsibilities.
In a statement issued by his Chief Press Secretary, Malam Jibrin Baba Ndace, Governor Sani Bello congratulated Professor Abdullahi Bala, describing the appointment as the outcome of many years of hard work, commitment and selfless service to humanity.
While acknowledging the enormity of the task ahead, Governor Sani Bello urged the University Don to be steadfast in making decisions; imbibing the spirit of continuity and bringing innovations in line with global best practices.
The Governor reminded the new Vice Chancellor that the institution has entered the consciousness of the global academic community having been rated among the best in Africa, hence the need to sustain and or improve on the standard.
“You must contribute your quota in restoring the dignity of the nation’s educational system by ensuring that the Federal University of Technology Minna achieve academic excellence and infrastructural development as well as improve on its rating nationally and internationally”.
Governor Sani Bello commended the University Governing Council and enjoined the new Vice Chancellor to ensure the sustenance of relative peace in the institution so that it will remain as one of the preferred, choice institution by potential students across the country.
The Governor called on the new Vice Chancellor to ensure that the state fill its quota in the institution’s admission and that employment opportunities are granted host communities without necessarily compromising standards.
As a ‘Son-of-the-soil’, Governor Sani Bello urged Professor Abdullahi Bala to be worthy ambassador of the state assuring that the state government would continue to partner with the institution for effective educational development.
Professor Abdullahi Bala is an indigene of Niger State from Suleja. He holds a Master and PHD degrees in Soil Chemistry and Soil Microbiology from Universities of Reading and London respectively.
He is a Staff of FUT Minna and was until his appointment, the Deputy Vice Chancellor, DVC Academic and a member of the Governing Council of the institution.
The new Vice Chancellor who is expected to take over on 3rd December , 2017, holds a traditional title of Walin Zazzau Suleja, and is married with Children.
- Opinion: Peter Obi and the Obidient’s futile effort faking Sultan’s endorsement
- New Naira Notes: Police begins patrol of banks in Kwara
- Naira redesign: Customers urge CBN to sanction banks not paying N20,000 over the counter
- Fuel scarcity: IPMAN laments inability to source products
- Gov. Akeredolu swears in new chief judge, 4 high court judges
- Two suspects arrested for possessing, selling counterfeit N1000 notes
- Nigerian Actress enters trouble for spraying, stepping on new naira notes
- TINUBU’S CAMPAIGN SHUTS DOWN EKITI, SAYS NOTHING CAN STOP APC’S VICTORY
- 2023: Muslim Media Watch Urges Security Agencies To Fine-Tune Strategies
- IGP orders arrest, prosecution of sellers of new naira note