Correspondents Chapel of the Nigeria Union of Journalists (NUJ), in Niger State has inaugurated three committees to ensure welfare, productivity, peace and stability of its members.
The Chapel Chairman, Mr Aideloje Ojo, gave the charge in his speech on Wednesday at IBB Pen House, Minna during the inauguration of the committees urging them to immediately swung into action for the betterment of its members.
He explained that members of the committees were carefully selected based on merit assuring that they will serve diligently with dedication to the Chapel.
Ojo charged its members to always be objective in reporting breaking news and Programmes to the people while he emphasized that the new leadership will not compromise on the chapel’s primary responsibility.
The committees inaugurated includes: Productivity, Ethics and Discplinary and Welfare and Contact committees.
In his acceptance speech on behalf of other committees, Pastor Dan Amasingha who is the Chairman of ethics and Disciplinary however assured to do his best without fear or favour for peace and stability of the Chapel.
The Chief Press Secretary CPS to Niger State Governor, Mallam Jibrin Baba Ndace applauded the chapel steps adding that the committees were very essential as they compliment each other.
He stressed the need to update their knowledge and retraining of skills to modern ways of reporting while he assured to continued to partner with the union for the success of the present administration in the state.
The Council Chairman and his Secretary, Comrade Mohammed Mohammed and Abu Nmadu emphasized on the unity of the members hence meaningful development can only be achieved when there is peace and unity.
Meanwhile, the Chapel Secretary, Yakubu Mustapha while giving vote of thanks called for the support and assistance of the members hence that was the only way progress can be achieved.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- KAM Holding CEO rejoices with Abubakar Sulu-Gambari on attainment of SAN rank
- Nigeria-Saudi Chamber of Commerce Will Deepen Countries’ Relations —Minister
- FAAN boss commends increase in passengers traffic at Abuja airport
- Ciroma of Ilorin, A.B. Sulu-Gambari, 61 others make final SANs list (FULL NAMES)
- Enugu West: Onyeama lied in affidavit claiming that I’m dead —Okah
- Yobe North: I accept the court judgement — Lawan
- Emir of Ilorin rejoices with Durosinlohun Kawu, Idris Haroon over National Honour Awards
- Senate considers bill to regulate informal sector employment
- Senate directs NEMA, others to help flood victims nationwide
- Senate hints on Electoral Offences Bill for 2023 elections