By Hammed Salawu, Minna
Niger state will soon become the largest rice producer in Nigeria going by the various interventions in the cultivation of the crop by the state government.
Rice Farmers Association of Nigeria RFAN Niger state chapter in a statement issued in Minna
Some of the intervention which had boosted the rice production value chain includes; commmissioning of KOICA and ONYX rice mills in Bida town.
The statement signed by the Acting Chairman of the association alhaji Idris Adamu Abini noted that the support given rice farmers whose rice fields were flooded as a result of heavy rains this year by the state government would also encourage them to remain in the business.
According to him, “We will continue to be grateful to the state government for coming to the aid of flood victims whose farmlands were affected by flood including some members of RFAN
“The state is on the right direction towards taking the position of the largest rice producer in Nigeria. ”
He added that the association was pleased with the various initiatives by the state government in the area of rice production especially the partnership with some International Organisations which had led to more farmers taking to rice cultivation thereby increasing the hectarage put under cultivation and the harvest.
Government, Abini said had been very helptful to the association to the extent that it took up the bills for the renovation and furnishing of its secretariat in Minna saying ” we can still do with more assistance since we are a voluntary non profit making organisation”.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
ROYAL NEWS eCopy March 28, 2022
- NiMet predicts cloudy, sunny weather conditions for three days
- Buhari hails Army over professionalism, bravery
- Police graduates 467 constables in Kwara
- Estate agent arraigned in court over alleged N3.4m fraud
- Photo News: Defence Minister, Salihi Magashi visits Kuje prison
- KUJE ATTACK: MINISTER OF DEFENCE INSPECTS MEDIUM SECURITY CUSTODIAL CENTRE
- 2022 Ilorin Grand Durbar: Kwara govt expresses more supports
- Bandits, vigilantes clash kill 12 persons in Plateau
- FG set to recruit 1million Nigerians for 2023 census exercise
- Police re-arrest jailbreaker in Ondo State