The Mater Dei Communication Centre, a Non Govermental Organisation (NGO) has felicitated with Nigerians on the 60th Independence Anniversary of the country and called for peaceful co-existence among the citizenry.
Evangelist Nnamdi Okpara,the Country Director of the of the organisation made the appeal on Thursday in a statement in Abuja.
Okpara observed that inspite of the challenges of insecurity, COVID-19 pandemic and economic down turn,the country has thrived in togetherness,peaceful co-existence and hope for greater democracy.
He urged Nigerians to keep faith in oneness,brotherhood and struggle to overcome economic downturn.
The director further appealed to President Mohammadu Buhari and other leaders in the country to confront the challenges facing the nation to make life meaningful for citizens.
“Citizens should also be law abiding, avoid corruption and understand government policies and regulations in order to enhance democratic governance,” he added.
Contact: [email protected]com.ng
- Harry Akande dies at 77
- N100m not paid as ransom to secure release of Chinese — Association
- 18 dead after carbon monoxide leak in China coal mine – Report
- PWDs: CCD urges MDAs in Lagos State to fully implement disability laws
- Air Peace receives another aircraft from C-Check maintenance – Official
- Peace talks: Afghan national reconciliation council holds first meeting
- Ghanaians confident of peaceful general elections
- Ejike Oji wants state govts. to key into FP programmes, develop plan
- Indian minister tests positive after getting COVID-19 vaccine trial dose
- Enugu by-election commences hitch-free, peacefully
- News11 months ago
Army approves cigarettes allowance, N20,000 salary increment for soldiers
- Politics1 year ago
Breaking…Kwara assembly suspends 16 LGs chairmen
- Metro8 months ago
BREAKING…. Kwara govt announces total lockdown in Offa
- Education1 year ago
UNILORIN education faculty emerges best in Nigeria
- Politics11 months ago
Gbemi Saraki finally breaks silence, changes political slogan
- Politics1 year ago
Breaking… Kwara governor appoints Yinka Aluko S A Special Duties
- News2 years ago
Sokoto assembly confirms Gov Tambuwal’s 26 comissioner nominees
- Politics2 years ago
Breaking…GOV. ABDULRAZAQ APPOINTS COMMITTEE ON REVIEW OF SALES OF GOVT PROPERTY (See full names)