All the 31 suspected cases of Coronavirus in Nigeria tested have been confirmed negative.
This was revealed by the Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC), stressing that, “This means Nigeria is free of Coronavirus,” the Director, Emergency Preparedness and Response, NCDC, Dr John Oladejo said.
He disclosed this in Sokoto at a symposium on “The emerging and re-emerging Viral Infections: The story of Lassa fever and COVID-19,” organised by the Usmanu Danfodiyo University, Sokoto.
He assured that the NCDC has the necessary devices to detect the disease adding that screening has been strengthened at points of entry while in-country surveillance has been enhanced through state epidemiologists.
- Photo News: ROYAL NEWS 10th anniversary, public lecture, book presentation
- Court grants ex-AGF, Adoke permission to celebrate Xmas with family in Dubai
- NJC recommends compulsory retirement of Osun High Court Judge, orders probe into 51 petitions against others
- UNESCO Inscribes Sango Festival in World Heritage List
- TESCOM: 7, 241 Oyo Teachers, Non-Teaching Staff Write 2022 Promotion Exams
- FG promotes 30 directorate cadre, others in Police Affairs Ministry
- 2024 budget: Army mulls unmanned aerial vehicle command
- Alleged Abduction: EFCC, DSS Risk Contempt Proceedings In Court Over Emefiele
- Senate frowns as NCoS feeds dogs better than inmates
- NAPTIP laments tracking machine as woman sells 120 children