Dr Tunde Olawepo, Kwara Chairman of the Nigeria Medical Association (NMA) has disclosed that Nigeria continue to face daunting challenges in meeting global best practices in medicine.
Olawepo stated this on Wednesday in Ilorin during a press briefing at the 2017 Annual General Meeting (AGM) in Ilorin.
The NMA Chairman who pointed out that orthodox medicine is suppose to be uniform across the world however is becoming difficult to keep up with in the country.
He especially cited electricity problem from among myriads of problem affecting the health sector.
According to him, the issue is so important that the 2017 AGM in Kwara will feauture Prof King-David Yawe, President of West African College of Surgeons to discuss the topic entitled: “Global Best Practices in Medicine” on the 28th of June.
Oawepo also explained other topics to be discussed included “National Health Acts: Tool for Health System Strengthening in Nigeria” among others.
The Chairman noted that though the association is facing some financial challenges due to economic recession, members have tasked themselves to continue their medical outreach to about 3000 National Youth Service Corps members .
He noted that members of the NMA and other people who are interested would also be trained on Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) to revive people whose breath cease.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- SAD….Emir of Ilorin mourns late CSO, ASP Adebayo Olowoyo
- Emir Sulu-Gambari celebrates Turaki of Ilorin, Saliu Mustapha at 50
- APC appoints Omole as Director, Diaspora of Campaign Council
- FUT Minna appoints new Vice Chancellor, (Read Profile)
- PDP: Nothern coalition stages protest in Kaduna, says Ayu must resign
- Nigeria Air: FG selects Ethiopian Airlines as preferred bidder
- Buhari urges more private sector participation in humanitarian sector
- COAS tasks retired officers on maximum utilisation of entitlements
- Sulu-Gambari greets Olomu of Omu-Aran, Oba Adeoti at 66
- PDP governors working to resolve party crisis—Tambuwal