Inspector General of Police, Usman Alkali Baba, has assured that the Nigeria Police Insurance Company (NPIC) is already at an advanced stage of incorporation by the National Insurance Commission (NAICOM).
This, he said will further provide succour for police officers and their families in a bid to improve their wellbeing.
Alkali disclosed this while declaring open, a 3-day workshop organised for Police Insurance Desk Officers drawn from all states commands and formation in Abuja on Tuesday.
He said: “I recently approved the establishment and incorporation of the Nigeria Police Insurance Company (NPIC). Nigeria Police institution is the largest agency with the highest pool of insurable public servants in the country.
“It is therefore expedient that we leverage on this distinct reality towards ensuring that we mange our insurance policies and maximise the benefits drivable therein with less bureaucracy and in overriding welfare interest of our personnel who are constantly being exposed to occupational hazards.
Alkali further stressed that, “I am confident that when the operating licence is finally granted, the Insurance Section and policies of the Force will be further strengthened and bottlenecks associated with the management and processing of requisite dividends and other claims will be addressed on a sustainable bases.”
He however called on the Commissioner of NAICOM to support the strategic vision of the Force leadership by fast-tracking the incorporation process towards immediate take-off of the company.
The IGP also assured all members of the force that the current efforts in place towards repositioning the Force Insurance Section, promises a better days ahead in terms of timely resolution of claims and benefits accruing to next-of-kin of injured or deceased police officers as well as other welfare schemes to serving members of the force.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
ROYAL NEWS eCopy March 28, 2022
- Foundation produces 65 graduates, gets donation from Davido
- I’ll work with NASS to restructure Nigeria – Atiku
- 2023: I will end banditry in 6 months, says Wike
- Blasphemy: No ‘jungle justice’ in Islam, Group backs Sultan Abubakar
- Prophet Muhammad Was Insulted While Alive, Yet He Didn’t Kill Anybody – Sheikh Gumi
- I’m only PDP presidential aspirant to win APC– Wike
- SOKOTO IMBROGLIO: MURIC CONDEMNS LOOTING, ATTACKS ON CHURCHES
- Kwara Police Spokesman, Ajayi Okasanmi loses father at 84, Gov. Abdulrazaq mourns
- Emefiele quits 2023 presidential race— Source
- 2023: We can’t afford to make mistakes, Saraki tasks Delta delegates