The Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC) has recorded 135 new cases of COVID-19, bringing the total number of infections in the country to 163,330.
The NCDC disclosed this on its official Twitter handle on Monday.
The centre notes that the country’s daily new cases have continued to follow a downward trajectory, from an all-time high of 2,314 on Jan. 22 to 48, as at March 29.
The NCDC said the new cases were registered from 10 states and the Federal Capital Territory (FCT).
It said Kwara recorded 37, Lagos-32, Ondo-23 Nasarawa State-13, FCT-nine, Kaduna-seven, Rivers-six, Osun-three, Delta-two, Edo-two and Borno-one.
The agency stated that the country’s active cases stood at 9,139 in the last 24 hours.
It also recorded 2,058 COVID-19-related deaths.
The agency said that the 2,058 deaths were reported across the 36 states of the federation and the FCT.
ROYAL NEWS reports that NCDC conducted 1,803,177 tests since the pandemic began in the country in February 2020.
It noted that a multi-sectoral national emergency operations centre , activated at Level III, has continued to coordinate the national response activities in the country.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Ijara-Isin monarch hails TIC Chairman on birthday occasion
- Nigeria in Calamitous situation over oil theft, vandalism, others — NNPCL
- Minister, others reject Senate’s bill on proposed innovation agency
- Senate urges FG to protect shorelines at Bayelsa communities
- Senate suspends report on vacation of citizen’s watchlist by DSS
- Senate directs NLNG to pay host communities N18.4bn compensation
- Buhari to presents 2023 budget to NASS Oct. 7
- Gov. Abdulrazaq, KAMWIRE, Etsu Patigi, others for Kwara NUJ award
- Nigeria/India engages to boost volume of trade, economic activities
- Scandal rocks CCB as commissioners accuse chairman of corruption