The NCDC also disclosed on its official Twitter handle on Friday that there were now 7,734 active cases in the country.
It added that death toll stands at 2,061 as no fatalities were reported while 19 new people were discharged from various isolation centre in the past 24 hours.
ROYAL NEWS reports that the number of new infections reported is lower than the 80 logged on Thursday.
The NCDC said that the new cases were reported across eight states and the Federal Capital Territory.
“Lagos-26, Kaduna-11, Akwa Ibom-eight, Rivers-eight, Ogun-five, Kano-three, Osun- three, FCT-two and Plateau-one,” it said.
The Public health institute said that the country have also tested 1,838,174, people since the first confirmed case relating to the COVID-19 pandemic was announced on Feb. 27, 2020.
It added that a multi-sectoral national emergency operations centre (EOC), activated at Level 3, had continued to coordinate the national response activities in the country.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Breaking…. Kwara Gov. makes fresh appointments
- Bill demanding to Legalize Power Rotation stepped down in Senate
- Senate Moves to Whittle Down Powers of CBN Governor
- National Assembly’s Clerk, Amos Ojo solicits support for security agencies
- 2022 Olojo: Ooni assures of restoration of Nigeria’s lost glory
- SAD….Emir of Ilorin mourns late CSO, ASP Adebayo Olowoyo
- Emir Sulu-Gambari celebrates Turaki of Ilorin, Saliu Mustapha at 50
- APC appoints Omole as Director, Diaspora of Campaign Council
- FUT Minna appoints new Vice Chancellor, (Read Profile)
- PDP: Nothern coalition stages protest in Kaduna, says Ayu must resign