Nigeria on Saturday recorded 829 new coronavirus cases in the country.
The Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC) made this known via its verified website on Saturday.
The new cases bring the total number of confirmed COVID-19 cases in the country to 83,576 which includes 70,495 discharged cases and 1,247 deaths.
The NCDC said that the country sadly recorded one additional death in the last 24 hours.
Also 256 patients were discharged after recovering from COVID-19 from isolation centers across the country.
The NCDC reported that the new infections were reported from 14 states and the Federal Capital Territory in the last 24 hours.
Lagos State recorded 296 new infections, while the Federal Capital Territory had 291 new infections, Kaduna, Rivers and Kano reported 79, 40 and 35 cases respectively.
Other states with new infections were Nasarawa-25, Bauchi-19, Benue-8, Borno-7, Edo-7, Oyo-7, Sokoto-7, Cross River-3, Jigawa-3 and Ogun-2.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- 2023: Be careful of politicians’ craftiness– Don warns journalists
- Kogi Assembly seals Dangote Cement factory
- Kwara NUJ holds Ilorin NBA in friendly match to mark 2022 Press week
- Google announces first Cloud Region in Africa
- Kaduna CP warns against extra judicial killings
- Senate moves to make Nigeria manufacturing country
- Senate exits Customs, FIRS, NCC, others from budget
- Senate confirms 19 RECs, NUPRC Executive Commissioner
- Ijara-Isin monarch hails TIC Chairman on birthday occasion
- Nigeria in Calamitous situation over oil theft, vandalism, others — NNPCL