Nigeria on Saturday recorded 829 new coronavirus cases in the country.
The Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC) made this known via its verified website on Saturday.
The new cases bring the total number of confirmed COVID-19 cases in the country to 83,576 which includes 70,495 discharged cases and 1,247 deaths.
The NCDC said that the country sadly recorded one additional death in the last 24 hours.
Also 256 patients were discharged after recovering from COVID-19 from isolation centers across the country.
The NCDC reported that the new infections were reported from 14 states and the Federal Capital Territory in the last 24 hours.
Lagos State recorded 296 new infections, while the Federal Capital Territory had 291 new infections, Kaduna, Rivers and Kano reported 79, 40 and 35 cases respectively.
Other states with new infections were Nasarawa-25, Bauchi-19, Benue-8, Borno-7, Edo-7, Oyo-7, Sokoto-7, Cross River-3, Jigawa-3 and Ogun-2.
- Interior Ministry rakes in N1.195bn on expatriate quotas
- ROYAL NEWS Online Newspaper clocks 10 from scratch to stardom
- NSCDC arrest 7 suspects over alleged energy theft/meter tampering in Kwara
- SAD….34-year-old Sodiq Adebisi dies during football training
- 150 Days in Office: CDS, Gen. CG Musa: A Pragmatic silent achiever
- Ibadan-based herbalist, Ojuwoni Atakoro, one other remanded in Ilorin prison
- Proper use of national budget, critical to economic dev —Akpabio
- EFCC, DSS, NCoS bosses To Face Reps C’ttee Over Failed Attempt To Rearrest Emefiele
- Senator Hussaini sympathises with Kaduna people over misdirected bombing
- Senator Natasha seeks NCDMB, NAFDAC partnership on alternative medicine