Nigeria records no COVID-19-related deaths in 10 days, 100 new cases
Nigeria recorded no COVID-19-related deaths for tenth consecutive days, the Nigeria Centre For Disease Control (NCDC).
The NCDC disclosed this on its official Twitter handle on Thursday.
The centre said as of Thursday, Nigeria recorded 100 new COVID-19 cases.
The centre the new cases were reported in eight states and the Federal Capital Territory.
It said Taraba recorded 64 new cases while Lagos reported 21.
Others are FCT-four, Rivers-three, Akwa Ibom-two, Kaduna-two, Oyo-two, Bauchi-one and Nasarawa-one.
A breakdown of the data shows that 137 persons were discharged on Thursday after testing negative to the COVID-19 virus following treatment.
This brings the total number of discharged persons to 154,578.
The NCDC announced that are 10,010 active COVID-19 cases in the country.
The agency added that a multi-sectoral national Emergency Operations Centre (EOC), activated at Level III, had continues to coordinate the national response activities in the country.
Nigeria on Thursday vaccinated additional 14,843 persons, bringing the total number of vaccinated people in the country to 1,148,168.
This is barely two months after the country began vaccination having received 3.94 million doses of the Oxford-AstraZeneca vaccines through COVAX, a UN-backed effort that promises access to free vaccines for up to 20 per cent of participating countries’ population.
The News Agency of Nigeria(NAN), reports that the country has conducted 1,870,915 COVID-19 tests since the beginning of the pandemic in Feb 27 2020.
Copyright 2023 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
Download ROYAL NEWS app
- (PHOTOS)EFCC arrests 28 suspected Yahoo Yahoo boys in Kwara
- Aggrieved parties file 25 petitions before Lagos election tribunal
- Referee suspended for using fan’s phone to review a goal
- Ramadan: Buhari sends best wishes to Muslim faithful
- NLC declares nationwide strike from Wednesday next week
- President-Elect Tinubu jets out to Europe
- JUST IN…..Emir of Ilorin confirms commencement of Ramadan fasting tomorrow
- I didn’t interfere, polls reflected Nigerians’ choices – Buhari
- Remove fuel subsidy before you go — U.S to Buhari
- Kwara: EFCC secures conviction of 37yr-old driver over illegal minning