The Bishop of Ughelli Diocese, Anglican Communion, Bishop Cyril Odutemu, on Sunday stated that the Nigeria is sick and in need of a true leader.
The cleric, who spoke at the thanksgiving/grand reception organized in honour of former Governor James Onanefe Ibori in Ovwor-Olomu, Ughelli South Local Government Area declared, “I have no fear in my heart. SSS can invite me. They have invited me before. Am not afraid of them.
“Nigeria is sick and in need of true of a true leader. The current government is not the solution to our problems. The solution to the problem of Nigeria is with God.
“Until Nigeria return to God and elect the right man,we will remain like this. Herdsmen and whatever will continue. We need the deliverer and God will give us a deliverer,” he said.
Bishop Odutemu described former Governor of Delta State, Ibori as a big bridge builder.
“Today, the Urhobo nation is in coma. The Urhobo nation is in pain. It is no secret that the crowd now gathered here,some of them are among those who made you passed through what you went through.
“Today, they will shake hands with you. They will congratulate you. They will smile with you because they are looking for political appointments.
“That does not mean you should throw them away. Even Judas Iscariot was a disciple of the Lord Jesus Christ. The Lord knew he will betray him but he gave him the treasury to keep.
“Governor Ibori, you have more work to do. Many people who passed through what you went through died but you are alive.
“Know that you are on a mission. Everyday of your life, be thankful but never ever give room for wasted time.
“Your Excellency, you are the Political Jesus of the he State. In the Name of the Lord Jesus Christ, provide your people bread. Council workers are fainting. Primary School teachers are fainting,” he pleaded with the former governor.
- Emir of Ilorin condoles former AMCON chairman, Kola Belgore over wife’s death
- NiMet signs MoU with Sahel Consulting on agricultural improvement
- Buhari responsible for rot in Nigeria– Igboho
- NLC protest action may bring anarchy– TUC
- Former Kwara NUJ secretary, Timothy Nathaniel for burial Feb. 26-27
- Account for toll gate, parking lots fees since 2015, Court orders FAAN
- Adamawa hunters collaborate with Army to fight criminalities
- CSOs urge NASS to probe FG over $3.4billion COVID-19 loan, subsidy savings, others
- ARRANT NONSENSE: MURIC REPLIES MAN WHO SAID REMI TINUBU SHOULD BE KILLED
- JUST IN…. Former NBA national president, emerges as LP guber candidate in Edo