Chief of the Defense Staff (CDS) Gen. Lucky Irabor said the Nigerian armed forces are committed to deepening defense collaboration with Tanzania to address the security challenges facing the two countries are facing.
Irabor said this during the visit of participants in the ninth class of 2020/2021 of the Tanzanian National Defense College (TNDC) to Defense Headquarters on Tuesday in Abuja, according to a statement from the Acting Director of Defense Information. , Brig.-General. Onyema Nwachukwu.
The CDS who was represented by the Director of Policy, DHQ, Major-Gen. Mainasara Masanawa, said there is a need for the armed forces of Nigeria and Tanzania to strengthen the existing defense collaboration.
He said the two armies should cooperate in the area of knowledge sharing and modalities to address various security challenges and promote peace and security in Africa.
He said participants from the Nigerian Armed Forces Command and Staff College have always visited Tanzania as part of their regional tour.
Previously, head of the TNDC delegation, Brig. Marianus Mhagama, thanked the leaders of the Nigerian military for facilitating their trip to the country even during the critical period of the global pandemic
He also thanked the Nigerian army for the cordial and warm welcome extended to him and his team.
Mhagama, also head of the TNDC, revealed that Tanzania has enjoyed harmonious relations with Nigeria over the years.
He congratulated the Nigerian army for its participation in several peace support operations and the stabilization of democracy in some African countries.
The TNDC leader said Nigeria, Ghana and the Republic of Congo were chosen for the tour due to their geographic location as strategic neighbors.
He said the five-day study tour exposed them to history, politics, defense capabilities, foreign diplomacy as well as the cultural, economic and social behavior of the people.
He revealed that two Nigerian army officers were among the foreign participants and argued for more slots for Tanzanian army personnel at National Defense College Nigeria.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Senate hints on Electoral Offences Bill for 2023 elections
- Tstv accepts pay per view model against other stakeholders
- Breaking…. Kwara Gov. makes fresh appointments
- Bill demanding to Legalize Power Rotation stepped down in Senate
- Senate Moves to Whittle Down Powers of CBN Governor
- National Assembly’s Clerk, Amos Ojo solicits support for security agencies
- 2022 Olojo: Ooni assures of restoration of Nigeria’s lost glory
- SAD….Emir of Ilorin mourns late CSO, ASP Adebayo Olowoyo
- Emir Sulu-Gambari celebrates Turaki of Ilorin, Saliu Mustapha at 50
- APC appoints Omole as Director, Diaspora of Campaign Council