The Chief of Army Staff (COAS), Maj.-Gen. Faruk Yahaya, has approved the appointment of Principal Staff Officers (PSOs), Field Commanders and other key staff officers to provide the needed vigour in his command of the Nigerian Army (NA).
The Director Army Public Relations, Brig.-Gen. Onyema Nwachukwu, disclosed this in a statement on Saturday in Abuja.
Nwachukwu disclosed that the Chief of Operations (Army), Maj.-Gen. Ibrahim Yusuf, now becomes the Commandant, Nigerian Defence Academy (NDA), while Maj.-Gen. B.O Sawyer is the new Director of Defence Information.
He also said that Maj.-Gen. TA Gagariga would move from Army Headquarters, Department of Policy and Plans, to the Nigerian Army Artillery Corps as Commander and Maj.-Gen. Victor Ezugwu becomes the Commander, Infantry Corps.
According to him, Maj.-Gen. MA Yekini is the new Chief of Defence Training and Operations, Maj.-Gen. MS Yusuf takes over as Chief of Defence Standard and Evaluation, while Maj.-Gen. Anthony Omozoje is the new Chief of Policy and Plans (Army).
Similarly, Nwachukwu further disclosed that Maj.-Gen. SO Olabanji had been appointed the Commander, Training and Doctrine Command (TRADOC), while Maj.-Gen. OA Akintade would be the new Chief of Army Logistics.
He said that Maj.-Gen. OT Akinjobi has been appointed as the Chief of Operations (Army), Maj.-Gen. James Ataguba as Chief of Army Standard and Evaluation, while Maj.-Gen. KI Mukhtar becomes the Chief of Administration (Army).
Maj.-Gen. C Ofoche is the new Chief of Transformation and Innovation, with Maj.-Gen. AB Ibrahim appointed as Chief of Training (Army).
“Among the new field commanders are Maj.-Gen. Abdul-Khalifa Ibrahim who takes over as the Force Commander, Multi National Joint Task Force, N’Djamena, and Maj.-Gen. IS Ali who becomes the General Officer Commanding 3 Division would also double as the Commander Special Task Force ‘Operation Safe Haven’.
“The COAS equally approved the appointment of Commanders, Commandants of NA Institutions, Directors and other key appointments at both Defence and Army levels.
“The appointments are aimed to rejig for efficiency in command and administration within the Nigerian army and these appointments take effect immediately,” Nwachukwu said.
- 2023 election about competence, not religion– Tinubu Group
- 2023: Osinbajo group endorses Tinubu, receives APC letter of recognition
- Kwara Govt converts Ilorin General Hospital to teaching hospital
- I won’t forget Nigerians if elected, Tinubu vows
- Spectrum Auction will democratize broadband for Nigerians — Danbatta
- Olam, Kwara Govt treat communities on tropical diseases
- Presidential rally: Tinubu’s supporters besiege Teslim Balogun Stadium, Lagos
- Court fines PRP’s presidential candidate, Kola Abiola, for late documents filing
- Two FRSC officers crushed to death by truck in Akwa Ibom
- World cup: Host country Qatar eliminated