Nigerian youths gathered outside the Lagos State House of Assembly today, October 9, to protest SARS brutality and call on the government to End SARS, the Special Anti-Robbery Squad.
This comes after people camped out last night, October 8, at the Lagos House of Assembly for the same reason.
Those at the venue this morning took a knee and raised their fists in the air as they sang the National Anthem.
They called on the government to end the Special Anti-Robbery Squad (SARS), a department of the Nigerian police force that has become infamous for harassing citizens and accusing them of being fraudsters.
Across the nations, youths have been protesting SARS brutality and extortion since the beginning of this week.
Below is a video of youths protesting this morning at the Lagos State House of Assembly.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- FG declares Monday Oct. 10 as public holiday
- 2023: Be careful of politicians’ craftiness– Don warns journalists
- Kogi Assembly seals Dangote Cement factory
- Kwara NUJ holds Ilorin NBA in friendly match to mark 2022 Press week
- Google announces first Cloud Region in Africa
- Kaduna CP warns against extra judicial killings
- Senate moves to make Nigeria manufacturing country
- Senate exits Customs, FIRS, NCC, others from budget
- Senate confirms 19 RECs, NUPRC Executive Commissioner