Today January 15, is Armed Forces Remembrance day and as expected, a ceremony held at the National Arcade, Eagle Square in Abuja. The ceremony was attended by President Buhari, Vice President Buhari, and other government officials.
As is the tradition, white pigeons are placed in a cage positioned at the venue of the ceremony and the President will have to set them free, symbolizing unity and peace and security in the country.
However, at the event today, the President opened the cage to set the birds free but they refused to fly even after few attempts to get them to fly into the air.
Watch the video:
Nigerians are currently reacting to the video which captured this scene. See their reactions below:
- BREAKING…Dogara dumps APC for PDP
- Adeleke commences salary payment, vows to restore good governance
- Ronaldo signs £173m deal with Al-Nassr
- Zenith Bank wins Bank of the Year
- Late Onijagbo was a great servant of God— Gov. AbdulRazaq
- Emir of Ilorin mourns late Onijagbo, Oba Fagbemi
- I’m thinking of getting married for sex, says Juliana Olayode
- DMO raises concern over Nigeria’s debt
- BREAKING…Yoruba King, Onijagbo of Ijagbo dies
- Commissioner kidnapped in Benue