The Peoples Democratic Party has said Nigerians are suffering under the President Muhammadu Buhari-led led Federal Government.
The Vice-Chairman of the party in the North-East, Emmanuel Njiwah, stated this in Yola, on Wednesday, stressing that Nigeria had become a nation of sorrow under the All Progressives Congress.
Njiwah belongs to the Senator Modu Sheriff faction of the party, which is locked in a bitter leadership struggle with the Senator Ahmed Makarfi faction.
Njiwah said it was shocking that Buhari could lead Nigeria into a recession within one year of coming into power.
The factional vice-chairman, who spoke while inaugurating the Adamawa State executive committee of the PDP led by Abdulrahman Bobboi, said the APC had devastated the economy.
He said, “Anybody with a plan for Nigeria cannot come into power and within the spate of a year, plunge the largest economy on the continent into recession.
”They have actually devastated the economy of Nigeria but they kept blaming the PDP. But the fact remains that as of May 29, 2015, Nigeria was the largest economy in Africa and as of May 2016, we have become a nation of sorrow.”
While presenting the 28-member Adamawa State chapter of the party with their certificates of return, Njiwah reiterated the determination of the PDP to reclaim power in 2019.
He assured that the leadership crisis rocking the national body of the party would soon be resolved, saying that was vital if the party would reclaim power at the federal level.
He said, “The PDP needs to come back. Is there anybody who is not suffering here? Those who voted them in and even we that didn’t vote them are suffering too. Our markets are not different. Our filling stations are not different. We are buying from the same markets.
“We want to buy a bag of rice for N7,000. We want to buy fuel at N87 per litre.
A former aide to ex-President Goodluck Jonathan, Ali Gulak, who was chairman on the occasion, deplored the poor state of the economy under the APC-led Federal Government.
Gulak said Nigerians were worse off now than they were when the PDP was in power.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Sheikh Aboto’s death has left another vacuum in dawwah activities— Emir of Ilorin
- KAM Holding CEO rejoices with Abubakar Sulu-Gambari on attainment of SAN rank
- Nigeria-Saudi Chamber of Commerce Will Deepen Countries’ Relations —Minister
- FAAN boss commends increase in passengers traffic at Abuja airport
- Ciroma of Ilorin, A.B. Sulu-Gambari, 61 others make final SANs list (FULL NAMES)
- Enugu West: Onyeama lied in affidavit claiming that I’m dead —Okah
- Yobe North: I accept the court judgement — Lawan
- Emir of Ilorin rejoices with Durosinlohun Kawu, Idris Haroon over National Honour Awards
- Senate considers bill to regulate informal sector employment
- Senate directs NEMA, others to help flood victims nationwide