By Arowona Abdulazeez
Nigerians have been urged to continue to pray fervently for the unity and quick economic recovery of the nation to further fast-track nation building.
The Ilorin Emirate Youth Development Association, (IEDYA), in a statement issued in Ilorin at the weekend signed by its National President, National Secretary and National Publicity Secretary, Alhaji Salaudeen Babatunde Abdullahi, Barrister Abdullahi Tajudeen and Alhaji Muhammad Uthman Jagunmo respectively noted that “In peace and unity lies the growth and development of
The group also appealed to all and sundry to be committed to prayers for the safe return of President Muhammadu Buhari in order to allow him continue with the implementation of the‘masses oriented economic
The statement also emphasized that “as a patriotic citizen of this great country, there is need for genuine interest in the affairs of the nation towards positive economic drive thereby necessitating the need to always pray for the people at the helms of affairs. Let us
continue to pray for our leaders and the nation at large.
“The current political and economic situation in Nigeria requires nothing but genuine concern from patriotic citizens irrespective of political, tribal or ethnic affiliations. There is an urgent need to shun hate/bias advocacy as well as campaign of calumny to furtherenhance the desired peaceful co-existence of the entire citizenry.”
The group however expressed its passage of ‘Vote of Confidence’ on the
leadership of Professor Abdulganiyu Ambali as the Vice Chancellor of the University of Ilorin stressing that his tenure in office has so far been monumental.
It further condemned some groups and their co-travelers trying to distract his attention from striving towards sustaining the leadership status of UNILORIN among the league of varsities in the country to desist from such dastard acts capable of truncating the much enjoyed peace and harmony on the campus.
“Ilorin is a peaceful community and UNILORIN is an epitome and symbol
of the unity in diversity for the entire Nigerians. The institution should not be draw back to the politics of yesteryears which cannot transform the neither institution nor the workforce towards positive and prosperous direction”, the statement added.
- Kashim Shettima delivers Al-Hikmah convocation lecture
- (PHOTOS) IGP Egbetokun, Amb. Sulu-Gambari, others bag Al-Hikmah Ph.D
- AMR’ll account for 10 million annual deaths by 2050- WHO
- ANHEJ advocates for increased budgetary allocation to health sector
- Emir Sulu-Gambari hosts Kauran Namoda, Imo monarchs in Ilorin (PHOTOS)
- PHOTO NEWS: EFCC Ilorin zonal organises road-walk against corruption
- Photo News: ROYAL NEWS 10th anniversary, public lecture, book presentation
- Court grants ex-AGF, Adoke permission to celebrate Xmas with family in Dubai
- NJC recommends compulsory retirement of Osun High Court Judge, orders probe into 51 petitions against others
- UNESCO Inscribes Sango Festival in World Heritage List