The NCDC disclosed this on its official Twitter handle on Saturday.
The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that the country’s daily new cases continue to follow a downward trajectory: From an all-time high of 2,314 on Jan. 22, of the country’s daily new positive cases down to 48, as at March 29.
The public health institute said that the 50 new cases were reported from six states with Lagos (27), Plateau (11), Bayelsa (7), Gombe (3), Nasarawa (1) and Ekiti (1).
The agency said that till date, 163,113 cases had been confirmed, 151,853 cases discharged and 2,058 deaths recorded in 36 states and the Federal Capital Territory (FCT).
It said that the country had tested 1,767,694 people since the first confirmed case of COVID-19 was announced on Feb. 27, 2020.
The NCDC noted that a multi-sectoral national Emergency Operations Centre (EOC), activated at Level 3, had continued to coordinate the national response activities in the country.
Meanwhile, the agency said that COVID-19 might cause severe complications in the elderly and people with underlying health conditions.
It advised Nigerians to avoid non-essential outings, large gatherings and contact with anyone showing symptoms of COVID-19.
The NCDC reminded all that the Easter Holidays were here and COVID-19 was still here with us.
“Keep your mask on at all times as you engage with others. Protect yourself and protect your loved ones. Happy Easter.
“Always wear a face mask. Maintain physical distance. Wash your hands regularly,” it further advised.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Senate Moves to Whittle Down Powers of CBN Governor
- National Assembly’s Clerk, Amos Ojo solicits support for security agencies
- 2022 Olojo: Ooni assures of restoration of Nigeria’s lost glory
- SAD….Emir of Ilorin mourns late CSO, ASP Adebayo Olowoyo
- Emir Sulu-Gambari celebrates Turaki of Ilorin, Saliu Mustapha at 50
- APC appoints Omole as Director, Diaspora of Campaign Council
- FUT Minna appoints new Vice Chancellor, (Read Profile)
- PDP: Nothern coalition stages protest in Kaduna, says Ayu must resign
- Nigeria Air: FG selects Ethiopian Airlines as preferred bidder
- Buhari urges more private sector participation in humanitarian sector