Nigeria’s Defence Minister, Maj Gen Bashir Salihi Magashi(rtd) has concluded a five-day working visit to Pakistan with the assurance of enhancing bilateral military cooperations in aid of counter- terrorism operations in Nigeria.
Magashi who had audience with the Pakistani Prime Minister Imran Khan and his Pakistani counterpart had a busy schedules during his working tours, according to a statement issued by the Minister’s spokesman, Mohammad Abdulkadri, on Friday.
Parts of the Nigerian Minister of Defence official engagements in Pakistan included tours of the military base, institutions and the defence industrial soft and hardwares capabilities of the host country.
This was with a view to exploring new areas of possible patronage and exchange to grow the Nigerian Military productive capabilities and capacity towads curtailing threats to the nation’s Internal peace and security.
The Nigeria’s Defence Minister’s official tour of Pakistan had further reinforced hope for a quick delivery of tangible supports in the areas of exchange of technological transfer to Nigeria.
The Infantry General Magashi who had closed doors session with his host Pakistani Prime Minister and top military hierarchies jointly reviewed the bilateral cooperations between Nigeria and Pakistan Spanning decades and assured them of the favourable disposition and the political will of the Commander-in-Chief of the Nigerian Armed Forces , President Muhammadu Buhari to sustaining the trajectory.
The Pakistan Prime Minister Imrankhan thanked the visiting Minister of Defence of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, General Magashi for the historic visit.
While recalling the telephone conversation with the Nigerian President ,Muhammadu Buhari he Said Pakistan is looking forward to hosting him at the earliest possible opportunity.
The Pakistani Prime Minister highlighted his country’s long- standing services to promoting peace in Africa under the auspices of the UN Peacekeeping operations in which Nigeria is also playing dominant roles in contributing to Global peace.
He appreciated what he described as the growing bilateral Military Cooperation between Pakistan and Nigeria in the areas of defence, security, intelligence sharing, manpower training and Counterterrorism.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- SAD….Emir of Ilorin mourns late CSO, ASP Adebayo Olowoyo
- Emir Sulu-Gambari celebrates Turaki of Ilorin, Saliu Mustapha at 50
- APC appoints Omole as Director, Diaspora of Campaign Council
- FUT Minna appoints new Vice Chancellor, (Read Profile)
- PDP: Nothern coalition stages protest in Kaduna, says Ayu must resign
- Nigeria Air: FG selects Ethiopian Airlines as preferred bidder
- Buhari urges more private sector participation in humanitarian sector
- COAS tasks retired officers on maximum utilisation of entitlements
- Sulu-Gambari greets Olomu of Omu-Aran, Oba Adeoti at 66
- PDP governors working to resolve party crisis—Tambuwal