The Minister of State for Science, Technology and Innovation, Barr. Mohammed Abdullahi says Nigeria can be classified amongst the most industrialised nations of the world in the nearest future by scaling up and upgrading it’s Scientific innovations.
Barr. Abdullahi said this at the opening ceremony of the 6th annual STI EXPO held at the Eagle Square in Abuja on Monday.
Speaking on the theme of this year’s expo: “ Sustaining National Economic Growth Through Science and Innovation”, Abdullahi said the objective of the theme is to enable Science and Technology contribute positively to the overall recovery and growth which is in tandem with the National Economic and Recovery Growth Plan (ERGP).
The Minister added that due to global economic and security malaise, the Federal Government has resolved to massively deploy Indigenous technologies as a strategy to save the nation from its multiple challenges.
Barr Abdullahi further called on researchers to build up on the innovations showcased at the EXPO until they achieve full commercialisation.
He appreciated President Buhari’s passion for Nigeria’s development, due to his allowance of STI to gain a foothold in the drive towards socioeconomic growth.
“This decision is laudable and is clearly exemplified by the recent approval by the Federal Executive Council of the revised STI policy which will propel Nigeria’s push towards industrialization.”
In her goodwill address, the Senate Committee Chairman on Science, Technology and Innovation, Sen. Uche Ekwunife urged the Ministry and it’s agencies to develop appropriate policies for the overall socioeconomic development of the nation.
Highlight of the expo include, the annual award of scholarship to three best students who emerged winners of the 774 Young Nigerian Scientists competition from the 36 states of the Federation are.
Winners are: 1st position Maryam Olufunmilayo Ogunbayo (Pen Resource Academy) Gombe state.
2nd position Gbolahan Azeem Ayinde (African Church Grammar School) Ogun state.
3rd position Uchendu Mmesomachukwu Judith (UNIBEN Demonstration Secondary school) Edo state.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- KAM Holding CEO rejoices with Abubakar Sulu-Gambari on attainment of SAN rank
- Nigeria-Saudi Chamber of Commerce Will Deepen Countries’ Relations —Minister
- FAAN boss commends increase in passengers traffic at Abuja airport
- Ciroma of Ilorin, A.B. Sulu-Gambari, 61 others make final SANs list (FULL NAMES)
- Enugu West: Onyeama lied in affidavit claiming that I’m dead —Okah
- Yobe North: I accept the court judgement — Lawan
- Emir of Ilorin rejoices with Durosinlohun Kawu, Idris Haroon over National Honour Awards
- Senate considers bill to regulate informal sector employment
- Senate directs NEMA, others to help flood victims nationwide
- Senate hints on Electoral Offences Bill for 2023 elections