The Nigerian Maritime Administration and Safety Agency (NIMASA) on Wednesday donated medical equipment to Asokoro District Hospital in the Federal Capital Territory (FCT), Abuja.
Mr Edward Osagie, Assistant Director, Public Relations, NIMASA, made this known in a statement in Lagos.
Presenting the items, the Director-General of NIMASA, Dr Bashir Jamoh, represented by the agency’s Director of Special Duties, Mr Isichei Osamgbi. said that the donation was part of its Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) programme.
He said that the donation to Asokoro District Hospital was symbolic and that some other hospitals within the FCT were billed to benefit from the donation.
“The gesture is to support the Federal Government and other stakeholders in improving service delivery in the healthcare sector,” he said.
Responding, Alhaji Abbass Idriss, Executive Secretary of the FCT Emergency Management Agency, expressed appreciation for the gesture.
He said that the equipment would go a long way to improve healthcare delivery in the FCT.
NIMASA has donated hospital equipment, education materials, security intervention items and relief materials to states as part of its 2022 CSR programme.
- No room for deadline extension, JAMB Registrar, Oloyede warns prospective applicants
- VIDEOS+PHOTOS: When Buhari visited Emir of Kano, Aminu Ado Bayero
- Abiola Bawuah becomes UBA CEO in Africa
- INEC investigates viral video of extortion during PVCs collection in Enugu
- Buhari inaugurates 10mw solar plant in Kano State
- Court remands woman for pouring hot water on her co-wife in Kwara
- UNA-USA Ambassador, Lady Tee Thompson applauds KAM Holding for promoting SDGs
- Why I am not allocating land in FCT – Minister
- Nigeria records 244 confirmed cases of Lassa fever, 37 deaths in 16 states and FCT
- 2023: Kwara Hausa/Fulani community adopts NNPP guber candidate