The leadership of the National Union of Air Transport Employees Association of Nigeria comprising of NAMA, NCAA, NiMet, NCAT have commenced a 2-day warning strike on the account of unresolved conditions of service.
The statement jointly signed by, Comrade Ochema Aba, General Secretary NuATE, Comrade Andul Raskelf Said, Secretary General of ANAP and Comrade Sikiru Wajeed, General Secretary AUPCTRE, the warning strike which commenced on Monday may soon be extended to an indefinite strike if issued remain unresolved, ROYAL NEWS has gathered.
According to the statement, “Negotiations by agencies for upward of seven years as at the time of embarking on warning strike remains with the National Salaries Income and Wages Commission (NSIWC), while minimum wage consequential adjustment remains unimplementable.
“The ongoing efforts by the Federal Ministry of Avaiation and the NSWIC to resolve the issue of unresolved service conditions do not show any sign of achieving amelioration anytime soon.
“Consequently, our unions have no alternative than to embark on an industrial strike to press home our demand for justice and equity considering the long suffering, patience and forbearance on the part of our members which has now reached yield point.”
The union however commended the Federal Airport Authority (FAAN) for implementing the 10% consequential adjustment and oustanding conditions of service and also hinted that the AIB is about to hold discussions with the union and so decisions on the Bureau is pending.
The union however called on the general public, air travelling public as well as aviation businesses including foreign Airlines to be informed of the development foe effective itinerary planning.
- Olam, Kwara Govt treat communities on tropical diseases
- Presidential rally: Tinubu’s supporters besiege Teslim Balogun Stadium, Lagos
- Court fines PRP’s presidential candidate, Kola Abiola, for late documents filing
- Two FRSC officers crushed to death by truck in Akwa Ibom
- World cup: Host country Qatar eliminated
- How pastors treWe both wept when Sammie Okposo told me how pastors treated him – Apostle Suleman
- My presidential ambition is for Nigeria’s future– Peter Obi
- PDP reschedules campaign flag off in Nasarawa over police permit
- UniAbuja ASUU protest unpaid salaries
- Unilorin V-C extols Prof. Gambari’s virtues @ 78