The leadership of the National Union of Air Transport Employees Association of Nigeria comprising of NAMA, NCAA, NiMet, NCAT have commenced a 2-day warning strike on the account of unresolved conditions of service.
The statement jointly signed by, Comrade Ochema Aba, General Secretary NuATE, Comrade Andul Raskelf Said, Secretary General of ANAP and Comrade Sikiru Wajeed, General Secretary AUPCTRE, the warning strike which commenced on Monday may soon be extended to an indefinite strike if issued remain unresolved, ROYAL NEWS has gathered.
According to the statement, “Negotiations by agencies for upward of seven years as at the time of embarking on warning strike remains with the National Salaries Income and Wages Commission (NSIWC), while minimum wage consequential adjustment remains unimplementable.
“The ongoing efforts by the Federal Ministry of Avaiation and the NSWIC to resolve the issue of unresolved service conditions do not show any sign of achieving amelioration anytime soon.
“Consequently, our unions have no alternative than to embark on an industrial strike to press home our demand for justice and equity considering the long suffering, patience and forbearance on the part of our members which has now reached yield point.”
The union however commended the Federal Airport Authority (FAAN) for implementing the 10% consequential adjustment and oustanding conditions of service and also hinted that the AIB is about to hold discussions with the union and so decisions on the Bureau is pending.
The union however called on the general public, air travelling public as well as aviation businesses including foreign Airlines to be informed of the development foe effective itinerary planning.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
ROYAL NEWS eCopy March 28, 2022
- Dancing Senator, Ademola Adeleke declared as authentic Osun PDP candidate
- Hajj: NAHCON inaugurates, screens medical team
- PHOTO NEWS: Faces at NDC security seminar held in Abuja
- EFCC traces N130m illegal trasnfer into ex-Speaker Patricia Etteh’s account
- FCTA laments influx of beggars from states
- NERC releases update on alleged Tariff increment
- Saraki woos Osun PDP delegates, canvasses support for Adeleke
- PHOTO NEWS: Tinubu visits Kwara, salutes Emir Sulu-Gambari
- Tinubu assures of victory against any PDP candidate
- KWACCIMA pleads with FG to reopen Kwara, Niger borders