The Nigerian Meteorological Agency (NiMet) has predicted cloudy weather and thunderstorms across the country from Monday to Thursday.
NiMet’s Weather Outlook released on Monday in Abuja predicted cloudy skies on Tuesday with intervals of sunshine anticipated over the northern region with chances of isolated thunderstorms over parts of Taraba and Adamawa states in the morning.
“Later in the day, thunderstorms are expected over the entire region. Cloudy atmosphere is anticipated over the North Central Region during the morning hours.
According to the agency, cloudy skies with intervals of sunshine are anticipated on Wednesday over the northern region with chances of thunderstorms over Sokoto, Kebbi, and Zamfara states during the morning hours.
“There are prospects of rains over most parts of the region in the afternoon and evening hours, ” it said.
“To reduce incidences of erosion and overflow of water beyond its normal limits, gutters and waterways should be cleared of debris and obstacles to ensure free flow of water.
“Airline operators are advised to get updated weather reports from NiMet for effective planning in their operations,” the agency said.
- 2023 election about competence, not religion– Tinubu Group
- 2023: Osinbajo group endorses Tinubu, receives APC letter of recognition
- Kwara Govt converts Ilorin General Hospital to teaching hospital
- I won’t forget Nigerians if elected, Tinubu vows
- Spectrum Auction will democratize broadband for Nigerians — Danbatta
- Olam, Kwara Govt treat communities on tropical diseases
- Presidential rally: Tinubu’s supporters besiege Teslim Balogun Stadium, Lagos
- Court fines PRP’s presidential candidate, Kola Abiola, for late documents filing
- Two FRSC officers crushed to death by truck in Akwa Ibom
- World cup: Host country Qatar eliminated