The Cross River Police Command has confirmed the kidnap of the state Chairman of Nigeria Labour Congress, Ben Ukpepi at his residence in Akpabuyo local government area of the state.
The State Police Public Relations Officer, DSP Irene Ugbo, disclosed this in an interview with News Agency of Nigeria on Wednesday in Calabar.
Ugbo said that the NLC Chairman was kidnapped at about 7.30 pm on Tuesday night by suspected kidnappers.
“The story of the kidnap of the NLC Chairman is true. He was kidnapped in Akpabuyo in his house.
“We got the report this morning. The Anti Cultism and Kidnapping Unit are on top of the situation to rescue him,” she said.
A source who pleaded anonymity told NAN on the phone that the NLC Chairman was making a phone call within his residence when his abductors took him away.
“His family have been calling his line, but it has been switched off since last night and his abductors have not called up till now,” the source said.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Ijara-Isin monarch hails TIC Chairman on birthday occasion
- Nigeria in Calamitous situation over oil theft, vandalism, others — NNPCL
- Minister, others reject Senate’s bill on proposed innovation agency
- Senate urges FG to protect shorelines at Bayelsa communities
- Senate suspends report on vacation of citizen’s watchlist by DSS
- Senate directs NLNG to pay host communities N18.4bn compensation
- Buhari to presents 2023 budget to NASS Oct. 7
- Gov. Abdulrazaq, KAMWIRE, Etsu Patigi, others for Kwara NUJ award
- Nigeria/India engages to boost volume of trade, economic activities
- Scandal rocks CCB as commissioners accuse chairman of corruption