The Director of the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC), Mele Kolo Kyari, has visited the scene of the Abule-Egba pipeline explosion.
NNPC said Kyari was in Abule-Egba “for on-the-spot assessment of the scene of yesterday’s unfortunate pipeline explosion.”
The explosion, which happened on Sunday night, left three persons dead, while many trucks and houses were burnt.
The Lagos State Emergency Management Agency (LASEMA) said the explosion was as a result of a vandalised NNPC pipeline in the area.
Early reports indicated scores of persons were severely injured.
Reports also said the fire broke out at Ile-Epo Bus Stop along Abeokuta Expressway, spreading instantly to nearby Abule Egba before another explosion was heard in Fagba and Ekoro Road — all densely populated suburbs north of Lagos but several kilometres apart.
A similar explosion from incident killed over 700 people in December 2006 in Abule Egba. Another explosion occurred in December 2018 in the same neighbourhood, but with fewer casualties.
- Kwara governor breaks silence, donates 10months salaries to Covid-19 support
- 55yr-old Medical Consultant dies of coronavirus
- BREAKING…… “Unfortunately, I tested positive for coronavirus infection”
- SAD….Covid-19: 54yr-old minister allegedly commits suicide
- Covid-19: Buhari addresses Nigerians tonight
- Coronavirus: Immigration Comptroller General tests positive
- Covid-19: Queen Elizabeth II tests positive
- Ogun govt closes land borders for 2weeks
- BREAKING…. Coronavirus cases jump to 97 in Nigeria
- Coronavirus: El-Rufai’s wife sends message to Nigerians as husband tests positive
News2 months ago
Army approves cigarettes allowance, N20,000 salary increment for soldiers
Education4 months ago
UNILORIN education faculty emerges best in Nigeria
News10 months ago
Sokoto assembly confirms Gov Tambuwal’s 26 comissioner nominees
Politics4 months ago
Breaking… Kwara governor appoints Yinka Aluko S A Special Duties
Politics10 months ago
Breaking…GOV. ABDULRAZAQ APPOINTS COMMITTEE ON REVIEW OF SALES OF GOVT PROPERTY (See full names)
Politics5 months ago
EXPOSED…. Why Kwara Governor wants more women in his cabinet— Ajadi
Politics3 months ago
Gbemi Saraki finally breaks silence, changes political slogan
Politics10 months ago
Breaking…Kwara assembly suspends 16 LGs chairmen