By Amina Issah
The Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC) has refuted a rumour being shared on social media, that the novel coronavirus disease (COVID-19) is spread through broiler chickens.
The NCDC confirmed that the said rumour is completely falsehood and advised the public to disregard the rumour and discourage further spread.
“Scientists are working on identifying the animal source of this new virus. Currently, there is no known link between the virus and broiler chickens”, it said.
- No room for deadline extension, JAMB Registrar, Oloyede warns prospective applicants
- VIDEOS+PHOTOS: When Buhari visited Emir of Kano, Aminu Ado Bayero
- Abiola Bawuah becomes UBA CEO in Africa
- INEC investigates viral video of extortion during PVCs collection in Enugu
- Buhari inaugurates 10mw solar plant in Kano State
- Court remands woman for pouring hot water on her co-wife in Kwara
- UNA-USA Ambassador, Lady Tee Thompson applauds KAM Holding for promoting SDGs
- Why I am not allocating land in FCT – Minister
- Nigeria records 244 confirmed cases of Lassa fever, 37 deaths in 16 states and FCT
- 2023: Kwara Hausa/Fulani community adopts NNPP guber candidate