The attention of the Government of Ekiti State has been drawn to plans by some hoodlums to storm some warehouses in the state under the guise of looking for Covid-19 palliatives believed to be stored in warehouses in the state.
The Government would like to state categorically that ALL palliatives donated to the state have been successfully distributed to various categories of residents including
16 Local Government areas in the State (collected by LG teams), Senior Citizens, Market Women, Various associations (Unions, women’s groups, artisans, etc),Youth groups, NGOs, Widows, Churches, Mosques, Landlord Associations, Community Leaders, Traditional Rulers, Transport Unions, State orphanages and special schools, Communities in Farmsteads, Security Officers and other vulnerable persons during the lockdown period.
These facts can be verified from all the beneficiary groups listed.
We therefore caution those involved in the plan to desist from any attempt to invade any location under the guise of looking for COVID-19 palliatives in Ekiti State.
Government has a responsibility to protect citizens’ lives and property and will not condone any brigandage in any part of the state.
Mr Akinbowale Omole
Honourable Commissioner for Information and Values Orientation
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Train attack victims: FG reveals details on alleged ransome paid
- AbdulRazaq greets Muslims, attends Kwara’s annual Maulid celebration
- Buhari presents N20.51trn 2023 budget to National Assembly
- Gbajabiamila Pledges Timely Passage of 2023 Budget
- Al-Hikmah varsity Founder offers scholarships to late Sheikh Aboto’s children
- Oil theft has put economic diversification under serious threat—-Lawan
- BREAKING…Appeal Court orders ASUU to call off strike
- Buhari makes last budget presentation as president
- FG declares Monday Oct. 10 as public holiday