The SSV-PDP is a coalition of young members of the PDP with focus on grassroots mobilisation and membership drive within the South-South zone.
The Zonal coordinator of the group, Mr Alfred Eboziem, in a statement on Sunday in Lagos criticised a former Deputy National Chairman of the PDP, Chief Olabode George, for insinuating there was division in PDP in Delta.
The zonal coordinator faulted claims by George that Okowa was fighting with Chief James Ibori, hence, there was division in Delta PDP.
“If anything, Okowa and Ibori are friends and contemporaries, and it shows in the mutual respect they show to each other to the acclamation and admiration of other politicians in the state.
“Both share a friendship that transcends the realm of partisan politics.
It is a friendship that has survived treachery and mischief of politicians.
An elder like George should not join such mischief makers,” he said.
”We want to place on record that there is no division in Delta PDP.
Gov. Okowa as the leader of the party in the state is working effectively with the state party leadership and all the structures up to ward levels.
“George cannot sit in Lagos and be imagining a non-existent dogfight within the party in Delta.
His utterance showed a clear lack of understanding of politics in Delta and the South-South zone.
“We advise Chief George to concentrate on building a strong PDP in the South-West, particularly in Lagos State where he hails from,” he said.
Eboziem said that Okowa’s political trajectory placed him above any politician in Delta, hence, he deserved the necessary respect.
He said that Okowa, an exceptionally brilliant medical doctor started his political journey as Local Government Secretary, LG Chairman, commissioner, Secretary to the State Government, Senator, Governor and now vice- presidential candidate of the PDP.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Breaking…. Kwara Gov. makes fresh appointments
- Bill demanding to Legalize Power Rotation stepped down in Senate
- Senate Moves to Whittle Down Powers of CBN Governor
- National Assembly’s Clerk, Amos Ojo solicits support for security agencies
- 2022 Olojo: Ooni assures of restoration of Nigeria’s lost glory
- SAD….Emir of Ilorin mourns late CSO, ASP Adebayo Olowoyo
- Emir Sulu-Gambari celebrates Turaki of Ilorin, Saliu Mustapha at 50
- APC appoints Omole as Director, Diaspora of Campaign Council
- FUT Minna appoints new Vice Chancellor, (Read Profile)
- PDP: Nothern coalition stages protest in Kaduna, says Ayu must resign