AUTHORITY of the University of Ilorin on Thursday debunked a rumour making the round that two Lions escaped from the University’s zoo.
In a telephone conversation with ROYAL NEWS, the Spokesperson of the University, Mr. Kunle Akogun, described the rumour as falsehood.
He said: “There is no iota of truth in the rumour. I just drove through the University gate now at about 7.40 pm and there was nothing like that and as you also know that the University Zoo is located at the main gate.
The University’s Spokesperson however linked the low vehicular movement around the University premises to lack of sufficient commercial vehicles plying the campus.
Mr. Akogun therefore the general public to disregard the rumour.
- Abducted Ondo monarch regains freedom
- Petrol price disparity: Marketers issue seven-day ultimatum
- KWASSIP starts public workfare programme to alleviate poverty
- Again, naira loses to dollar, exchanges at 445.83
- Sanwo-Olu impregnated my mother in 1994 — Delta man claims he’s gov’s son
- Gov Ortom invites Buhari to commission Benue project
- 2023: Why Nigerians should elect Tinubu — Lagos BRT boss
- ICPC arrest: D’banj reacts to alleged Npower fraud
- UK govt finally declared candidate to support in 2023 polls
- Vote en masse for me in 2023, Atiku begs Osun people