Following the evacuation of many nationals from Afghanistan due to the recent takeover of the government by the Taliban, the Federal government says there are no Nigerians in the country for evacuation.
Since the takeover by the Taliban, different world leaders have begun the evacuation of their citizens from the country. While the US has since evacuated 4500 of its citizens, the UK government has evacuated 15,000 persons under the Operation Pitting Evacuation mission.
Reacting to calls for the evacuation of Nigerians in the country, the spokesperson of NiDCOM, Abdul-rahman Balogun, said there are no Nigerians in Afghanistan.
“We don’t have any Nigerian in Afghanistan. That’s why we are not carrying out evacuation from the country.”
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Two more internet fraudsters jailed in Kwara + 2 Photos
- MAN unveils secretariat in Kwara, lauds Gov. AbdulRazaq
- Farm workers kill owner in Kwara, remanded in prison
- FG Inaugurates Nigerian Shippers’ Council Governing Board
- Artisan docked for allegedly stealing cellphone
- NIS chief warns officers against extortion in passport processing
- We engage consultant in waste management for clean, healthy environment- Oyo Govt
- Ikpeazu inaugurates ABSU governing council, approves 3 months salary arrears payment
- NAF eliminates terrorists leader, Shanono in Kaduna
- Lagos residents to pay more for waste management — LAWMA