Kwara State Governor, Alhaji Abdulfatah Ahmed has debunked claims in certain quarters that he is planning to return to the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), which he left with some other chieftains of the party prior the 2015 general elections.
In a statement on Tuesday by his Senior Special Assistant on Media and Communications, Dr. Muyideen Akorede, the governor said he, Senate President Bukola Saraki and other political leaders in Kwara have no reason to return to the PDP.
Governor Ahmed clarified that the insinuations, which emerged from his recent interview with a newspaper, did not suggest that he was planning to leave. Rather, he was stating the conditions under which he and other political stakeholders in the state left the PDP.
Alhaji Ahmed emphasized that he, Saraki and other governors left the PDP due to impunity, disregard for the rule of law and lack of inclusiveness in the party at the time and following extensive consultations with stakeholders and supporters.
He, therefore, declared that he, Dr. Saraki, other stakeholders and supporters are committed to the All Progressives Congress (APC) and have no intention to cross-carpet to the opposition PDP.
The governor also urged those commenting on the matter to read the said interview properly, rather than relying on social media headlines and insinuations to draw uninformed conclusions.
Governor Ahmed also advised disgruntled elements within the legacy parties of the APC that are urging him and Senator Bukola Saraki to hasten their exit from the party to educate themselves with that interview and be appropriately informed instead of making misguided comments on issues they have no knowledge of.
He affirmed his full support for the APC government of President Muhammadu Buhari and commended him for his strides in governing the country and for the unprecedented federal projects in Kwara State, which he added, were aided by the intervention of Senate President Bukola Saraki.
The governor also restated that his administration is fully committed to sustaining its ongoing fulfilment of its electoral promises to Kwarans across all sectors, and refuses to be distracted by uninformed commentaries and political mischief from any quarters.
- Hypertension, Diabetes, Cancers, Others Responsible for 22% of Premature Deaths—WHO
- Breaking…… Kwara Gov. makes fresh appointments
- Croatia knocks out ‘confident’ Brazil from Qatar 2022 Fifa World Cup
- Cashless Policy: CBN meets Senate panel on cash withdrawal limit
- Labour Party sacks publicity secretary, Ogun chapter excos
- NUJ recognises Osoba, Dokpesi, others as icons in media industry
- Newly redesigned Naira now in banks, ready for issuance – Emefiele
- FG develops renewable energy policy to add 30,000MW of electricity
- Buhari congratulates ex-Minister of Defence, Theophilus Danjuma at 85
- Buhari celebrates renowned scholar, Prof. Umaru Shehu at 92