Northern Gov hiding ₦22bn old naira notes– Buba Galadima
A Northern leader, Buba Galadima has revealed that a serving governor stashed N22 billion old naira notes.
The former National Secretary of the defunct Congress for Progressive Change, CPC, made the disclosure in an interview on Trust TV’s Daily Politics.
Galadima answered a question on the controversial naira redesign policy of the Central Bank of Nigeria, CBN.
The New Nigeria Peoples Party, NNPP, chieftain recalled the party already took a strong position on the contentious issue.
Galadima said the CBN Act states that in an event of naira redesign, it should be done within a period of not less than six months.
The statesman said the government however explained it approved the policy because many individuals had amassed the currency in their houses.
“I agree. I know, from intelligence, that there is a governor in the Northwestern part that has about N22 billion of the old currency.
“Yes, N22 billion stacked in his house as I speak to you. He knows himself. And the security agencies know,” he stressed.
Galadima said the agencies might be looking the other way because “maybe they belong to the same club or they are protecting him”.
The politician added that the trap is for the governor to go change the cash “accumulated through corruption”.
A fortnight ago, CBN Governor Godwin Emefiele said the old N200, N500 and N1000 denominations were recalled because N2.7 trillion was kept in people’s homes before the Buhari administration came on board.
Copyright 2023 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
Download ROYAL NEWS app
- ICPC arraigns ex-JAMB’s Ojerinde, 4 children over alleged fraud
- World Athletics bans transgender women from women’s competition
- I will run Peter Obi’s model of governance in Abia State – Alex Otti
- No clandestine meeting between Oriwoola, Tinubu– Onanuga
- I won election before without Peter Obi – Alex Otti
- IESA welcomes Alfanla’s emergence as UNILORIN’s Registrar-designate
- My suspension by Ayu last kick of a dead horse — Fayose
- 10th NASS: Experience, competence should be criteria for leadership positions —-Bamidele
- Nigeria Air to Take-off Before End of Buhari’s Administration—-Sirika
- NSIB Sets To Release Report Soon–– DG