The Peoples Democratic (PDP) in Kwara state has denied being part of any plot to remove the Senate President, Dr Bukola Saraki from office.
ROYAL NEWS reports that the party also denied that it’s state chairman, Prince Sunday Fagbemi has been bribed and co-opted into plans to unseat Saraki.
The PDP made these clarifications in a statement signed by its chairman,Prince Sunday Fagbemi and made available to newsmen in Ilorin on Tuesday .
Fagbemi was reacting to a statement credited to the state’s publicity secretary of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Alh Sulyman Buhari where he alleged that Prince Fagbemi had been bribed and coopted into an alleged plot by some national leaders of APC to remove Saraki from office.
Fagbemi noted that the crisis between the National Assembly and the presidency is purely an APC ‘s affairs which has nothing to do with the PDP.
He added that the PDP in Kwara state, which he leads has no connection whatsoever with any leader of APC, either at the state or national level.
“As a party which has the interest of the people at heart, our major pre-order occupation now is the preparation towards the forthcoming local government election in the state.
“We have put in place necessary machineries to ensure that our party emerges victorious, not only in the council poll but also in the 2019 general elections,” he stated.
- Court dissolves Ganduje’s daughter 16-year-old marriage, orders return of dowry
- 522,000 PVCs uncollected in Edo – INEC
- INEC to conduct mock voter accreditation in Delta
- NSCDC warn officers against careless handling of firearms during elections
- Businesses crumble in Kaduna as traders lament scarcity of new, old naira notes
- Adeleke directs immediate payment of arrears of half salaries for civil servants
- INEC speaks on PVC safety as gunmen burn Anambra office
- Fuel scarcity: IPMAN assures petrol will be available in two weeks
- Why we are fighting corruption — Lai Mohammed
- EFCC restates commitments to tackling electoral fraud