The Peoples Democratic (PDP) in Kwara state has denied being part of any plot to remove the Senate President, Dr Bukola Saraki from office.
ROYAL NEWS reports that the party also denied that it’s state chairman, Prince Sunday Fagbemi has been bribed and co-opted into plans to unseat Saraki.
The PDP made these clarifications in a statement signed by its chairman,Prince Sunday Fagbemi and made available to newsmen in Ilorin on Tuesday .
Fagbemi was reacting to a statement credited to the state’s publicity secretary of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Alh Sulyman Buhari where he alleged that Prince Fagbemi had been bribed and coopted into an alleged plot by some national leaders of APC to remove Saraki from office.
Fagbemi noted that the crisis between the National Assembly and the presidency is purely an APC ‘s affairs which has nothing to do with the PDP.
He added that the PDP in Kwara state, which he leads has no connection whatsoever with any leader of APC, either at the state or national level.
“As a party which has the interest of the people at heart, our major pre-order occupation now is the preparation towards the forthcoming local government election in the state.
“We have put in place necessary machineries to ensure that our party emerges victorious, not only in the council poll but also in the 2019 general elections,” he stated.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Breaking…. Kwara Gov. makes fresh appointments
- Bill demanding to Legalize Power Rotation stepped down in Senate
- Senate Moves to Whittle Down Powers of CBN Governor
- National Assembly’s Clerk, Amos Ojo solicits support for security agencies
- 2022 Olojo: Ooni assures of restoration of Nigeria’s lost glory
- SAD….Emir of Ilorin mourns late CSO, ASP Adebayo Olowoyo
- Emir Sulu-Gambari celebrates Turaki of Ilorin, Saliu Mustapha at 50
- APC appoints Omole as Director, Diaspora of Campaign Council
- FUT Minna appoints new Vice Chancellor, (Read Profile)
- PDP: Nothern coalition stages protest in Kaduna, says Ayu must resign