Nothingham Forest striker’s sponsored football tourney for kick-off in Kwara
A 26-team format football tournament, tagged Never Stop Dreaming Cup 2023, will on April 22 kick-off at the pitch of the Sheik Abdulkadiri College, Ilorin.
The football tournament, which is sponsored by Super Eagles of Nigeria and Nothingham Forest of England striker, Taiwo Awoniyi, was targeted at producing another set of players from Kwara like the former Liverpool marksman, according to the chairman of the organising committee, Ameen Akota.
Akota told newsmen on Friday in Ilorin that the Super Eagles striker’s Academy, Unicorn FA, will lock horns with Sunshine FC at the pitch of the Sheik Abdulkadiri College, beginning from 4 p.m to herald the tournament.
He said Awoniyi is using the football tournament to give back to the society that made him, hence the reason he is putting resources together to help discover new talents.
According to the chairman of the organising committee, the final of the competition will come up on June 10, at one of the pitches of Kwara Football Academy (KFA), which is expected to have the who is who in the football industry.
Akota disclosed that all the participating teams have received their kits as donated by the sponsor (Taiwo Awoniyi) free of charge.
Copyright 2023 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
Download ROYAL NEWS app
- Senate amends ICPC Act, slams 2yr imprisonment on false petitioners
- FG roads: NASS approves Buhari’s request of N16.7bn refund to Borno
- Nnamdi Kanu’s Lawyer To Tinubu: Don’t inherit Buhari’s hostility
- Adegoke’s Murder: Court sentences Adedoyin to death
- Gov Otti reveals plan to recruit 5,000 teachers in Abia
- 10th NASS: Igbo Senate Presidency still alive, says Kalu
- Court sentences Rahmon Adedoyin, 3 others to death
- DSS’ Siege on Our Lagos Office Shocking – EFCC
- Fuel scarcity: KWSG to revoke CoO of erring filling stations
- Gov Abba Yusuf issues executive order to probe Ganduje