A notorious kidnapper who operates in Abuja was kidnapped by another kidnapper and had to pay ransom to be released.
Mohammed Amodu was abducted by another kidnapper named Buba Babu and had to pay N1,555,000 for his freedom.
Force Public Relations Officer, CP Frank Mba, disclosed this while parading both kidnappers alongside other criminals in Abuja Monday, Jan 11.
He said Babu, notorious for kidnapping citizens on Abuja highways, was third in command of a kidnap syndicate headed by one Buji, who was neutralized by the police alongside the second in command.
Mba said Babu took leadership of the gang and was notorious for always killing kidnap victims.
Babu kidnapped Amodu and when the abducted kidnapper hesitated to pay, he was shot in the arm.
Mba said Amodu had boasted he had charms and could not be shot. Babu shot him to show how serious he was.
Amodu, Mba said, was known as “Confirm” because he was a reputed marksman in the underworld.
Mba added: “Yet he was kidnapped and released after he paid N1.55 million.”
Amodu confessed there was a time his gang kidnapped 20 victims at a time and he had saved up to N15 million from his nefarious activities. He added that he witnessed an operation where Buba kidnapped 55 persons from a luxurious bus at a time.
- Ganduje removes travel ban for Buhari to visit Kano
- 3 policemen killed in Ebonyi by unknown gunmen
- Naira notes: CBN approves Feb. 10 as new deadline
- Buhari tackling problems others ran from– Tinubu
- Solanke-Koya urges Aviation Minister to reject payment of airfare in foreign currency
- Gusau expresses interest to run for Certified Athletic Administrator Presidency
- Lassa fever death rate raises to 13 in Edo
- APC reveals what will happen as Osinbajo absent at Tinubu’s campaign in Lagos
- Peter Obi takes campaign to Borno, promises to end insecurity
- Distribution of 2.83m mosquito nets begin in Ebonyi