An old friend of legendary rapper The Notorious B.I.G has revealed that the late hip hop star’s mum once threw out his crack stash after mistaking it for mashed potato.
According to Damien ‘D-Roc’ Butler, Notorious left a plate full of rocks out in the open on his bedroom windowsill, and his mother Voletta Wallace threw them in the bin.
‘D-Roc’ revealed he and the rapper – who was yet to become a household name – had processed the drugs and left the Brooklyn apartment, only for Biggie’s mum to tidy up.
He told Page Six: ‘Then we came back in [and] she’d cleaned the room.
‘She was like, “Yo, you can’t leave dirty dishes lying around, hard mashed potatoes on the plate.” ‘Me and him both looked at each other like, “Oh s**t, she just threw it away.” ‘
D-Roc (pictured below) who was in the car the night Biggie was shot and killed added: ‘We pulled it out of the garbage can with barbeque sauce on it and everything but we still got rid of it.’
D-Roc appears in a new Netflix documentary titled Biggie: I Got A Story To Tell.
He has now opened up on their trip to Los Angeles where the rapper was killed in 1997.
The pair were in LA to promote a record, rather than to cause a scene. He explained: ‘We wasn’t out there on vacation. We didn’t know anybody out there. He actually wanted to make peace. ‘He wanted to show we had nothing to show, we coming on good faith, not on rowdy stuff. We were just going to work, promoting the album. We was working.’
He agreed that the tense East Coast/West Coast hip hop rivalry was pointless.
He said: ‘[He was killed] right at the time when we were really going to excel. Big is one of the actual rappers that you saw getting better with time. ‘You heard it in his music… For me, Big was very educated, truly creative. I want fans to know the artist before the rapper.
‘He was a true artist. I don’t know if people really know, Big made five classic albums in four years.’
- Hypertension, Diabetes, Cancers, Others Responsible for 22% of Premature Deaths—WHO
- Breaking…… Kwara Gov. makes fresh appointments
- Croatia knocks out ‘confident’ Brazil from Qatar 2022 Fifa World Cup
- Cashless Policy: CBN meets Senate panel on cash withdrawal limit
- Labour Party sacks publicity secretary, Ogun chapter excos
- NUJ recognises Osoba, Dokpesi, others as icons in media industry
- Newly redesigned Naira now in banks, ready for issuance – Emefiele
- FG develops renewable energy policy to add 30,000MW of electricity
- Buhari congratulates ex-Minister of Defence, Theophilus Danjuma at 85
- Buhari celebrates renowned scholar, Prof. Umaru Shehu at 92