President Muhammadu Buhari has approved the appointment of Mr Bello Koko as the substantive Managing Director of the Nigerian Ports Authority (NPA).
According Koko was the Executive Director, Finance and Administration of the Authority prior to his appointment.
According to the statement dated February 15th, and signed by Eric Ojiekwe, the Director, Press and Public Relations of Federal Ministry of Transportation, the appointment took effect with immediate effect.
Recall, the appointment is coming after nine months investigation into alleged financial misconduct at the Nigerian Ports Authority (NPA) by the immediate past MD, Hadiza Bala-Usman, where in the former MD was cleared of any financial misconduct by the 11-man committee setup to investigate the allegations.
- Opinion: Peter Obi and the Obidient’s futile effort faking Sultan’s endorsement
- New Naira Notes: Police begins patrol of banks in Kwara
- Naira redesign: Customers urge CBN to sanction banks not paying N20,000 over the counter
- Fuel scarcity: IPMAN laments inability to source products
- Gov. Akeredolu swears in new chief judge, 4 high court judges
- Two suspects arrested for possessing, selling counterfeit N1000 notes
- Nigerian Actress enters trouble for spraying, stepping on new naira notes
- TINUBU’S CAMPAIGN SHUTS DOWN EKITI, SAYS NOTHING CAN STOP APC’S VICTORY
- 2023: Muslim Media Watch Urges Security Agencies To Fine-Tune Strategies
- IGP orders arrest, prosecution of sellers of new naira note