Aggrieved members of the All Progressives Congress, (APC) under the guise of new Peoples Democratic Party(nPDP) have vowed that the group will continue with its agitations even after the party’s national convention, ROYAL NEWS has learnt.
In a statement issued by the leader of the nPDP , Alhaji Kawu Baraje, the group said: “We want to appreciate the entire Nigerians and our supporters and we want to let them know that our struggle is still on course and until the party addresses some the major areas of concerns that will make live easy for Nigerians we remain undaunted.”
He clarified that they decided to attend the Saturday’s convention of APC because ‘they want to demonstrate to the world and entire Nigerians and particularly to their supporters that they are loyal to the party.”
He added that their attendance of the APC convention “does not mean that all the group’s griviances stated in their letter had been addressed. We still believe that our loyalty should be demonstrated, that was why we attended the convention “.
Baraje noted that the convention was done “despite the fact that there are so many litigations in the court against the party arising from parallel congresses in over 18 states of the federation .
According to the statement, “The fact that we were able to attend the APC convention and the convention is going on well is not an interpretation that the suffering of the masses had been alleviated and is not an answer that the security in the country which has been seriously jeopardised is being addressed. It is not a pointer to the fact that youth unemployment and human capital development are been addressed.”
The nPDP leader said these are all the groups concern and warned that even if the APC convention went on smoothly, it is not yet huhuru because ” the foundation of the convention is shaky as there are so many aggrieved party members and stakeholders and the party is aware of this.”
- Why I’m supporting Tinubu, AbdulRazaq— Latinwo
- INEC has no business with MC Olumo, but park managers– REC
- Protesters shut Benin’s CBN branch over Naira scarcity
- Opposition behind naira frustration– Lai Mohammed
- Breaking…. IPMAN orders fuel stations to shutdown operations
- Turkey-Syria Earthquake: Death toll crosses 5,000
- Atiku pays courtesy visit to Bauchi traditional rulers
- FG tasks Hajj Institute on best services to pilgrims
- Man United massively transformed under Ten Hag – De Gea
- Naira redesign: Don’t make Nigerians scapegoats, says Atiku