By Akin Richy, Osogbo.
The Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps (NSCDC) under the leadership of Dr. Ahmed Abubakar Audi mni has collaborated with the Nigeria Financial Intelligence Unit (NFIU) to jointly tackle financial crimes in the country.
This was made known on Friday at a training workshop organised by the Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps (NSCDC), National Headquarters in collaboration with NFIU at Osun State Command headquarters, Oke Ayepe, Osogbo.
According to a legal officer and member of NFIU committee, Thomas Ogbebor, the unit is aimed at working closely with NSCDC in combating aforementioned crimes which need urgent and national interventions, and sanitize the financial system.
While sensitizing the participants, representatives of NFIU, Mrs Railiana Hashdu and Miss Nafisat Sanni said the unit may instruct or consult with any person or organization for relevant information relating to money laundering, terrorist financing or any other financial crime with a view to taking appropriate action.
Miss Nafisat Sanni highlighted the three traditional core functions the unit performs, These include MONITORING & ANALYSIS, COMPLAINT & PREVENTION INFORMATIONAL COOPERATION AND DATA EXCHANGE.
In his remarks the representative of the State Commandant, Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps (NSCDC), Osun State Command, Commandant Emmanuel Ocheja, Deputy Commandant of Corps (DCC) Padonu Augustine lauded the initiative, he described it as a support to intelligence and Investigations.
DCC Padonu also praised the administrative acumen of the Commandant General, Dr Ahmed Abubakar Audi, mni, stressing that the collaboration is capable of contributing meaningfully to tackling financial crimes in the country.
Meanwhile DSC Stephen Oyebode the Forensic Officer, Osun State Command has been appointed as the authorised officer that should be contacted for financial intelligence information that needs collaboration between NSCDC and NFIU.
At the end of the training, a CRIMS (Crime Record Information Management System) Tablet, Emergency Information rRequest Form 010 which is expected to be filled online at the point of arrest and detention were presented to Osun State Command and was received on behalf of the State Commandant Emmanuel Ocheja by DCC Padonu Augustine.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- KAM Holding CEO rejoices with Abubakar Sulu-Gambari on attainment of SAN rank
- Nigeria-Saudi Chamber of Commerce Will Deepen Countries’ Relations —Minister
- FAAN boss commends increase in passengers traffic at Abuja airport
- Ciroma of Ilorin, A.B. Sulu-Gambari, 61 others make final SANs list (FULL NAMES)
- Enugu West: Onyeama lied in affidavit claiming that I’m dead —Okah
- Yobe North: I accept the court judgement — Lawan
- Emir of Ilorin rejoices with Durosinlohun Kawu, Idris Haroon over National Honour Awards
- Senate considers bill to regulate informal sector employment
- Senate directs NEMA, others to help flood victims nationwide
- Senate hints on Electoral Offences Bill for 2023 elections