No fewer than 1,800 litres of petrol in Jerry-cans have been seized by the authority of the Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corp (NSCDC), Kwara State comnand at black market spot in llorin, the state capital.
The NSCDC Commandant in Kwara. Mr Adeyinka Ayinla disclosed this on Wednesday while displaying the product at the command Headquaters in llorin.
Ayinla said all the 1,800 litres of the product were impounded from one Alhaja Rukayat Abdulkadir at lta Elefun, Alanamu ward in the llorin west Local Government area of the state.
He said the suspect has been charged to court for operating illegal sale of petroleum product in residential areas of the state capital.
The commandant said the suspect was carrying out the illegal business in a three bedroom apartment converted for the purpose of dispensing fuel.
Ayinla reiterated the determination of the command to wipe out black market spots in all parts of the state.
ROYAL NEWS gathered that the fuel will be delivered to the NNPC for re examination of the genuity of the product.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- SAD….Emir of Ilorin mourns late CSO, ASP Adebayo Olowoyo
- Emir Sulu-Gambari celebrates Turaki of Ilorin, Saliu Mustapha at 50
- APC appoints Omole as Director, Diaspora of Campaign Council
- FUT Minna appoints new Vice Chancellor, (Read Profile)
- PDP: Nothern coalition stages protest in Kaduna, says Ayu must resign
- Nigeria Air: FG selects Ethiopian Airlines as preferred bidder
- Buhari urges more private sector participation in humanitarian sector
- COAS tasks retired officers on maximum utilisation of entitlements
- Sulu-Gambari greets Olomu of Omu-Aran, Oba Adeoti at 66
- PDP governors working to resolve party crisis—Tambuwal