By Arowona Abdulazeez
Kwara State Commandant of the Nigerian Security and Civil Defense Corps (NSCDC), Mr Pedro Ideba has warned job seekers to be weary of fraudsters parading themselves as officers of the Corps.
The Commandant gave the warning on Tuesday in Ilorin while briefing the press on the alleged police arrest of an officer of the Corps in connection with employment scam.
According to him, no officer of the Corps was arrested by the police for employment racket as reported by a local news media on Monday, March 13.
He said an officer of the Corps, Yusuf Kassim, was interrogated and subsequently dismissed two months ago for collecting the sum of N300, 000 from two individuals on the pretence that he will get them jobs in NSCDC.
“Yusuf kassim was arrested, interrogated by a panel set up by the Commandant General.
“He was no longer an officer of the Civil Defense Corps by the time he arrested by the police,” the commandant added.
“Civil Defense has a zero tolerance for corruption, we don’t condone any act of indiscipline,” he said.
Ideba said the Command was not recruiting now as the Presidency has not given the go ahead to recruit.
“The Commandant-General Abdullahi Gana Muhammadu has said on several occasions that nobody should pay any money for recruitment.
“Act of paying money for employment is criminal and Civil Defense is against this, people should feel free to report any officer that approach them for money to the Corps,” Ideba added.
According to the commandant, NSCDC will make it public whenever it wants to recruit.
Ideba also appealed to members of the public to be careful on the vehicles they travel with so as not to fall into the hands of kidnappers.
He advised to always board commercial vehicles at the motor parks and should desist from asking for free rides from unknown drivers.
- Emir of Bauchi’s brother found dead
- PHOTO NEWS: FG empowers women in Kebbi
- Gov. Adeleke reacts to tribunal’s judgement, vows to appeal
- BREAKING….Ademola Adeleke sacked as Osun Governor
- Kebbi assembly deputy speaker, 5 other resign appointments
- Adamawa guber candidate dies
- Lawyer sues CBN, seeks extension of deadline for old naira notes
- CBN unveils domestic card to strengthen payments system
- SHOCKING… Governor loses son
- Banks in Ogun applauded over circulation of new naira notes