No fewer than 150 journalists have been captured and issued with the national identity cards of the Nigerian Union of Journalists, ROYAL NEWS has gathered.
The Chairman of the Kwara State Chapter of the union, Mallam Abdulwahab Umar, disclosed this in Ilorin on Sunday.
He noted that the Identity cards was meant serve as measure of waging war against quackery in the union and appealed to members to key into the project as it is a continuous exercise.
Umar also appealed to journalists in the state and the various chapels to pay their check-off dues appropriately even as he commended the various chapel leaders for their support to his executive.
The chairman urged journalists to key into the various welfarism programmes embarked upon by the state council such as the journalists estate projects and the International Institute of Journalists (IIJ) programme.
He therefore commended the state government for ensuring regular payment of salaries of media workers and the ongoing repositioning of media houses.
Facebook Comments Box
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- SAD….Emir of Ilorin mourns late CSO, ASP Adebayo Olowoyo
- Emir Sulu-Gambari celebrates Turaki of Ilorin, Saliu Mustapha at 50
- APC appoints Omole as Director, Diaspora of Campaign Council
- FUT Minna appoints new Vice Chancellor, (Read Profile)
- PDP: Nothern coalition stages protest in Kaduna, says Ayu must resign
- Nigeria Air: FG selects Ethiopian Airlines as preferred bidder
- Buhari urges more private sector participation in humanitarian sector
- COAS tasks retired officers on maximum utilisation of entitlements
- Sulu-Gambari greets Olomu of Omu-Aran, Oba Adeoti at 66
- PDP governors working to resolve party crisis—Tambuwal